Dr. Green (part 2)

Last chapter.

.......Ross tightened his grip around Rachel's body before pulling away. He looked her in the eyes before he turned around and walked to the door. "I love you," he said and left, closing the door behind him.

Chapter 13.

"Dr. Green!" Ross shouted. His voice echoed between the sky-high buildings.
Ross could see the shadow of a Dr. Green walking around the corner of the street. He ran after him.

"Dr. Green! Wait!" Ross called out again. He was not going to let him walk out of his daughter's life, especially in the way he just did tonight. Rachel needed her father's support, more than anything, and Ross was going to fight for his girlfriend.

During the dinner, Ross understood that the relationship between Rachel and Dr. Green was on thin ice. One of the biggest problems they had was a lack of communication. Dr. Green was so sure of himself and his opinions that is was almost impossible to have a conversation with him. And Rachel was intimidated by her father's confidence. She was scared to make her father upset because all she wanted was to make him proud. Dr. Green's confidence and Rachel's intimidation didn't mix well together. It never has, and if Ross doesn't try to help, it probably never will.

Ross was desperate to go back to the apartment. He had left Rachel there without informing her about why he left, and it took him a lot of strength to fight his inner voice to leave her in the condition she was in. He had left her when she was crying. Ross had never seen her so upset and he wanted nothing more but to hold her in his arms. But Ross knew that if he didn't take action now, Rachel's relationship with her father was going to be destroyed forever.

"Dr. Green! I need to speak with you!" Despite Ross's callings, Dr. Green continued to walk down the street. He was both angry and upset. He was angry at himself for his ignorance and blindness, and he was also furious about how he had handled the situation. He acted like how he always does when a problem is addressed and for the first time in his life, he was embarrassed about how he acted.

Dr. Green was used to run away from his problems instead of facing them. He wanted to ignore them and forget about them in the belief that they would disappear and everything would turn back to normal. But tonight Dr. Green finally realised that what he had thought was the perfect normal, was a living hell for his daughter. And he understood that they could never return to it because it wasn't the right thing to do. Not for his daughter not their relationship. The problem was that Gr. Green had no idea how to fix things.

Ross grabbed Dr. Green by the arm.
"What are you doing?" Dr. Green said in a husky voice. His throat was tight and it was almost impossible for him to talk.

"Your daughter is crying her eyes out and you leave her, without saying a word! What is wrong with you?" Ross said through his teeth. He was getting more upset every second.

"You have no idea how angry I am at you right now. If you weren't Rachel's father, I would probably punch you in the face, but I'm not going to do that because it would only make things worse." Ross was breathing heavily. He was not okay with someone hurting his girlfriend, especially if it was her father. Ross thought Dr. Green behaved like a child. Stubborn and immature.

Dr. Green saw Ross's anger in his eyes. They were ice cold and stern.
He didn't respond. Dr. Green was deep in thought, questioning himself about what he was doing. He regretted everything he had told Rachel during the dinner. He hated himself for it.

Ross was holding Dr. Green's gaze. No one said a word.

"I.... I can't see my daughter upset, especially if I know I'm the cause of it" Dr. Green said after a few seconds of silence.