Can't sleep

Chapter 15.

Ross turned over to his right to gaze at the sleeping beauty beside him in the bed. She had pushed all the covers off of her, leaving her completely exposed. He watched her for what seemed like hours, breathing in and out. Her beautiful toned stomach rose slightly with each breath, then returning to its flat, natural position.

It was the middle of the night and Ross couldn't sleep. It happened quite often after a night of making love to Rachel. He was overwhelmed by so many feelings.

Should he let her sleep or wake her up?

Ross wanted to talk to her so he moved his head close to her face and whispered in her ear.

"Rachel?"

No answer. Ross didn't want to scare her so he leaned in and kissed her lightly on the lips.

"Mmmmmm, " she moaned and curled up into a ball on her side.

"Rachel, I can't sleep," Ross whispered again, sliding his arm over her back, bringing her body closer to his own.

"What? Are you serious?" Rachel said annoyed as she tiredly wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face in his chest and hugged his body close to her own.

"I'm sorry to wake you, but I can't sleep and I'm bored." Ross ran his hands through her hair, massaging her scalp.  Rachel let out a deep sigh, enjoying his movements. She loved being in his arms. His shoulders were like a protective wall around her, keeping her safe from the world.

"Mmmmmm, it's the middle of the night. I'm tired Ross, " Rachel moaned against his chest. Ross felt the movements of Rachel's lips against his bare chest, making him shiver.

"Is something bothering you?" Rachel asked concerned.

"No, nothing is wrong Rach. I just wanted to hear your voice, that's all."

"Okay, I'm going back to sleep then, " she told him and hugged him even tighter.

"No, please. I want to talk to you." Ross begged.

"Roooss, I'm tired. We can talk in the morning."

"Your voice makes me relax, " Ross whispered and buried his face in the crook of Rachel's neck. There he planted a gentle kiss on her naked skin.

Rachel's voice was like a calm melody in Ross's ears. Her voice was delicate, like silver bells. It was simply angelic.

Rachel sighed. She knew Ross wouldn't let her sleep.

"Well, okay then, " Rachel gave in and broke free from Ross's embrace, bringing herself up into a sitting position.

"What are you doing?" Ross asked confused.

"I'm helping you relax, honey. Come here." Rachel pointed at her lap, signing him the rest his head there.

Still confused, Ross gave in and rested his head in her lap. She gently began to run her hands through his thick locks, massaging his scalp just like he had previously done to her minutes before.

"Close your eyes and relax, " Rachel whispered before kissing him gently on his forehead.

Every muscle in Ross's body immediately began to relax when Rachel worked magic with her hands. He felt how her fingers traced down his jawline, stopping by his ears. She massaged his temples gently whilst softly humming the melody of a song Ross held dear to his heart.

Some say love, it is a river
That drowns the tender reed
Some say love, it is a razor
That leaves your soul to bleed
Some say love, it is a hunger
An endless aching need
I say love, it is a flower
And you, it's only seed