Meeting the Gellers

Chapter 16.

"Honey, I'm telling you. They are going to love you. You have nothing to worry about."

Millions of butterflies were dancing in Rachel's stomach as she nervously fidgeted with her hands, panicking about the millions of possible scenarios that could go wrong tonight.

What do I say?

What if they hate me?

Ross and Rachel were sitting in the car, parked outside of Mr and Mrs Geller's house. Rachel was going to meet Ross's parents for the first time and the thought of it scared her to death.

She prayed that everything would go smoothly. Everything had to go as planned, and she had to make a good impression if she wanted them to think she was good for their son. Rachel also knew how close Ross was to his parents, and she feared that if they didn't approve of her, he would leave her.

It was a silly thought because she knew Ross would never leave her. If there was one thing she was certain about, it was their love for each other. She had never doubted it and she never would. However, she couldn't always keep her mind from travelling to the forbidden land, keeping her awake late at night.

Rachel nervously bit her lower lip, her gaze focused on the house. It was just as Ross and Monica had described it. It was wonderfully painted and had a very comfortable atmosphere.

Ross gently took Rachel's hand, causing her to shift her gaze to meet his. He had spent the previous week attempting to convince her that she had nothing to be worried about.

Because she had nothing to be worried about.

She was already loved beyond words and her name had been the primary topic of conversation since the first time Ross had told his parents about her.

..........

"Mom, you'll love her. Her name is Rachel and she is the best thing that has happened to me. Her smile mom, I promise you, it's the most beautiful thing in the world. And her eyes, I- I don't even know how to describe them. They are beautiful, so captivating. And mom, the best part is that she isn't just the most gorgeous person I've met in my life, her heart is even more beautiful. She's the sweetest and most lovable person that exists," Ross rambled into the phone. When it came to the topic of his girlfriend, he had millions of things to say.

He felt how his cheeks grew warmer as he suddenly realized what words had escaped from his mouth. He felt like he was fourteen again, confessing to his mother that he had a crush.

The bond he had with Rachel, on the other hand, was far more than a crush. It was beyond anything he could have dreamed or hoped to find. Never in his wildest dreams did he believe that he would catch the love of his life staring at him through the windows of Central Perk. He remembers the magnificent moment like it was yesterday; how his breath stuck in his throat and how his body was covered with goosebumps the second his eyes met hers for the first time.

It was love at first sight.

The way his heart picked up its pace whenever she entered a room, was nothing like what he had experienced before.
The way his body tingled and the urge to wrap his arms around her body and pull her close to his own, was stronger than any natural force on the planet.

Ross struggled to control his feelings whenever she was close by, being completely under her spell and ready to do anything she asks of him.

"She sounds lovely, dear. So when am I going to meet her?" Ross heard his mother ask on the other line.