Broken

Tzuyu's POV

Another week has gone by and now Jeongyeon and Nayeon are fighting. Jeongyeon hasn't even left her room. Uncle and Auntie are worried but they know why. They know that what we're doing is all about protecting the girls from the truth. They may not agree with our idea but they uderstood why. At the moment, we couldn't think of any other plan other than just telling them the truth and letting them make their own decision. However, we know that they would hate us once they knew who we were and that's not what we wanted either.

Jeongyeon even persuaded Uncle and Auntie to make up a lie for her absence in school. I don't know what the lie is but it must have been good enough that none of our teachers have asked about her. The girls haven't asked either but it seemed obvious as Nayeon hasn't been going to school. RM and the others have been asking us what was going on between us and the girls but we couldn't tell them everything. Their lives will be in danger, as well as everyone else we have interacted with.

"Tzu, let's go. What are you standing there for?" Chaeyoung tapped my shoulder and pulled me along. I snapped out of it and started following her.

"Sorry, I'm just worried about everything that has happened."

"We are too, Tzu. But we all agreed that we can't tell any one of them. As much as I want to be there for them to protect them from our world, we can't . None of us can. Especially when we play a huge role in that world. We can just watch them from afar and ask the boys to protect them. Though we have only met those boys recently, I know we can trust them. Plus they all seem to be like one big family anyway."

"Yeah, I guess. So, where's Dahyun?" When Chaeyoung trusts someone, we all know that we can too. Her trust has never faltered or has ever been proved to be wrong.

"Right here!" Dahyun shouted as she jumped and put her arm around my shoulders, pulling me down to her height.

"Yah, Shorty. You're pulling me down with you." I bluntly said as I took her arm off me.

"Yah! Don't speak to me that way, maknae." She replied with her stern face. I stared at her and she burst out laughing. We don't care about our age differences and so we call each other what we want and how we want. Other people who don't know us personally but know of us, think we're snobby little brats who don't give a shit about formality. Which is true because we really don't. But when we speak to people we care about, like our parents, friends and their parents, we speak formally unless told otherwise.

We all burst out in laughter but for a second there I felt the presence of someone watching us. They're not very good in concealing their presence but I wanted to make sure I felt it right. After we stopped laughing, we continued walking and I asked the girls in Mandarin if they can feel someone watching us. They replied back in Mandarin saying that they for sure felt it. We decided to continue walking and as soon as we turned the corner, we hid in the dark alleyway and waited for the person to pass by us. The person walked to the entrance of the alley but since it was so dark in here, she couldn't see us but we could see her. I focused on her face and to my surprise it was Sana. She must have been looking for us because she kept looking around her. When she had her back faced to us, I sneaked towards her, covered her mouth and took her into the alley. Of course she kicked and screamed since I basically grabbed her into a dark alley. Who knows what could be going through her mind right now.

"Sshh, Sana. It's me. Dahyun and Chaeyoung are here too. Just calm down and when you're ready, talk to us and explain why you're following us." I explained hoping she'll calm down.

"What the fuck, Tzuyu! Don't ever do that again. I thought I was about to be raped, or drugged or sold." She cussed. "I didn't mean to follow you but I heard laughter and saw you three laughing your heads off. With everything that's going on, I got angry that you could even be laughing at a time like this. The girls and I have been so worried about Nayeon that we haven't even been able to laugh or show that we're doing fine because really we're all a broken mess." I didn't need to see her face to tell she's about to cry. Her voice said it all. I wanted to comfort her but I need to put a stone cold face and tell her to stay away. But then how could I when she's already this broken.