I Need Time

Jeongyeon POV'S

You made the right choice Jeongyeon. I told myself as I walked away from Nayeon. I walked away in shock about what she said. If it was the right choice to make then why do I feel like it's all wrong?

How am I supposed to protect her and keep her happy without endangering her life? Ugh, why did I have to choose this school? If I chose somewhere else then BamBam's group wouldn't be watching us 24/7. I want to be by her side at all times and make sure that no one can hurt her. But as it turns out I was the one that hurt her in the end.

As soon as I sat in my car, I heard the rain pouring down above my head. The universe is agreeing with my emotions right now. It's in sync with me and had left me contemplating the decisions I've made so far. If I told her the truth then she'd leave me because she'd think I'm a monster but if I don't tell her then she'll think that I don't trust her so she wouldn't trust me either. I'm left with two choices but both no better than the other. Both choices still leads to her leaving me.

I was about to leave but remembered that Nayeon didn't have an umbrella with her today. She must have a ride though, right? But what if she didn't? I wouldn't forgive myself if I just left her knowing she didn't have an umbrella or making sure she had a ride home. I needed to make sure she was able to get a ride.

I drove down the same roads she'd take if she had walked home and kept looking on both sides of the street. There was no sign of her up until I saw her walking alone and with no intention of finding shelter from the rain. It's as though she wanted to walk in the rain. I tried getting as close to her as I could but the car in front of me is blocking me from doing so. This grandma needs to move her slow ass. I pressed down on my horn hoping that this car in front me would get the signal that they're moving so slow but for some reason my horn was louder than usual. Next thing I see is that the driver of the car in front singalling left and stops just by Nayeon. She looks to the driver fo a while but the next thing she did, surprised me. She got in the car and the car moved off from the lane. I followed them but stayed a couple of cars apart to make sure they didn't notice me. Good thing I brought my Benz today or else I'd be spotted from a mile away with my other cars.

I kept following them until I saw that the car I was following ended up in Nayeon's neighbourhood. The route this driver took wasn't the same route I took when I dropped Nayeon off that one time after school but then again that was a time when I started talking to Nayeon. There is also a chance, I may be remembering it wrong. They stopped in front of Nayeon's house so I parked the car down down the road and sat there waiting. I saw the driver get out and bring an umbrella to Nayeon's side. She got out and saw the former putting a jacket around her whilst holding the umbrella. They wrapped their arms around Nayeon's shoulder and walked inside with her. I wanted to check on her but she looked as though she's safe with him. I don't know who the person is but I could see it was a guy.

I sat in my car debating whether to go up to her house and make sure she's alright but I know she wouldn't want to speak to me so I sat here until I made a decision. I must have sat there debating for hours as I saw it was dark outside and the light to Nayeon's front porch was on. It's a daylight sensor light so I really had been here for hours. I got out of my car to check up on her and had reached her gate but before I could knock on her front door, I heard the lock turning, I ran and hid in the bush close to the front door. I'm thankful that this bush can hide me but can also help me eavesdrop on them without them seeing me.

"Thanks for comforting me, Yeonnie oppa." Did I just hear Nayeon say oppa? Who is this man?

"No problem, bunny. I'll be in Korea for a month. If you need anyone to talk to, remember I'm only a phone call away, okay?" She won't need to call you because I'll be there for her.

"Don't worry, I will. You get going now. You have somewhere to be."

"I don't like leaving you alone but I know you'll just keep hitting me until you get what you want. So be safe, Nayeon. I'll drop by tomorrow to say hi to your parents myself."

"Yeah, yeah. You be careful driving home. The roads will be slippery and probably flooded."

"You know I'll be safe. Bye now." I peeked from my position and saw him kiss Nayeon on the forehead. Now I'm annoyed. Who other than me kisses Nayeon on the forehead. I want to punch this guy but I don't want Nayeon to have another problem with me so I hid until I saw him speed off in his car and Nayeon going back inside. I get out from the bush and was heading towards the gate when I heard the door open again.

"What are you doing here, Jeongyeon?!" Shit. I've been caught. I thought of excuses that I could say but nothing seems to be perfect for this situation. "I asked you something, Jeongyeon. Or are you going to ignore me now too?"

"No, I'm not ignoring you. I just wanted you to be safe and healthy. I rememberd you didn't have an umbrella and that you might not have had a ride home." Next thing I knew was she was in front of me. She didn't walk to me but I walked to her instead.

"Oh so now you care about me? Wow, Jeongyeon. Talk about being bipolar." I knew she'd be angry at me but I didn't know she'd be this angry at me.

"Please, don't do that, Nayeon. I do care about you. I'm just trying to protect you." I pleaded.

"From what? What do you need to protect me from?" I could see she was on the brink of crying. Tears were forming on her bottom eyelids.

"I told you that I can't tell you. I can't right now and I might not even be able to tell you at all." She's going to hate me forever. "Look, I know you can't trust me but believe me when I say you mean everything to me and I didn't mean to hurt you at all."

"I can't do this, Jeongyeon. I just stopped crying over you but here you are again. I need time to think about this. About us. And from my point of view, so do you. Once you're ready to tell me what it is you're hiding and I'm ready to face you. You know where to find me. Goodbye, Jeongyeon." She turned around and was starting to walk inside but I grabbed her arms to stop her from moving and hugged her from the back.

"I... I love you, Nayeon. But if that's what you want then I will leave you alone. I'm sorry for hurting you. It was never my intention to hurt you." That was the last thing I said before letting go. I can't let her see me crying. And I don't think I'll be able to handle seeing her cry because of me. Once again, I walked away and got into my car. I sat in my car crying my emotions out.

"I'm so sorry, Nayeon. I'm so sorry."