New Students

Mina's POV

A week later

Today is the day I go back to school again. After having an eventful holiday, I have to go back and work as hard. I don't mind going to school but after everything that happened, I will surely be having an interesting day. 

I got up from my bed and did my usual routine before going downstairs to eat breakfast. It was pretty quiet so I think my parents already left. I was scrolling through my phone when I noticed I got a text from the snake queen.

Sanake 🐍

Minariii!! Guess what?!

What? 

I heard we're going to have new people transferring to our school and that they're all hot!

Oh great... Here you go again. Can't you just stop flirting with everyone you see every once in a while? You might scare them off you know

Why do you have to be so mean?! Anyway, are you on your way?

Aww, I love you too. Yeah, I'm just on my way to my car. I'll be there in a bit.

Ok, see you!!

I put my phone in my bag and got in my car. It was only a 20-minute drive from my house to school but I decided to take my time since I was up early anyway. Once I had arrived, I parked in my usual spot and looked for Sana unnie. I saw her sitting on the bench along with Momo unnie who was eating food again.

"Minari!" Sana unnie shouted once she saw me. She got up and started running over to me, almost tripping over her own foot, and hugged me tightly.

"Sana unnie, why are you extra hyper today? What did you eat?" I asked as soon as she had let go.

"Am I not allowed to hug my best friend?"

"Not when you're like this."

"Meanie!" She then stuck her tongue out at me and folded her arms looking away.

"Stop acting cute, Sana! Mina, have you seen Nayeon unnie and Jihyo unnie?" Momo said as soon as she got over to us after eating. 

"No. You know that I just got here. You two should know where they are since you were here before me."

"We're right here! Sorry that we're a bit late." Nayeon unnie said panting as she seems to have been running along with Jihyo unnie. We let them get their breathing back to normal before walking into school. 

As soon as we got inside, everyone stopped talking and looked at us as we walked to our lockers. Being daughters of famous figures, we knew to expect a few stares here and there. But we've been at this school for a long time already and yet they're still acting as though we were new to the school.

"Jihyo, is it true we have new students transferring here?" Nayeon unnie asked. We all turned our heads to Jihyo unnie and anticipated for her answer.

"Yeah. I was told there are quite a lot of them. If I remember correctly, Uncle Jinyoung said that there were 7 boys and 4 girls. I don't know why he allowed so many to join our school all at once." 

"JINJJA?!" Everyone, except me, shouted in surprise. I was surprised but I didn't really care as much. It's not like we can do anything about it. He owns the school so if he wanted to add 30 new students, I wouldn't care as long as they don't bother me. 

"Can you keep it down? Everyone's staring." Jihyo unnie exclaimed.

"Speak for yourself! Your normal speaking voice is louder than Mina screaming into a microphone on full volume." Nayeon unnie replied. "And let them stare. They're probably looking at me since I am such a beautiful sight to see."