Introduction: (Y/N)'s Origin

{ edit : hi there! thanks so much for deciding to read this. IF YOU WANT TO SKIP AHEAD TO WHERE YOU MEET ELLIOT, GO TO PART 5! the next 4 chapters give background, which hopefully you'll read, as it is needed to understand some parts in the future! }

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Traffic buzzed and streets were busy on your way to work, surrounded by the varying nationalities of people that lived on Solace. Robots, miners, and even tourists added to the diversity of the city. This was nothing new to you; after all, you do live in one of the biggest hotspots on the planet. You didn't think much of the atmosphere that surrounded you, though. You were busy enough as it is, and didn't have time to lay around.

     You approached the old but prestigious campus that provided your job for so many years. You loved this place, it occupied your daily life and you love educating the youth on various topics. One day we might dive deep into engineering, while the next day we discuss archeology and fossils. Your job was to explain whether or not a person would be fit to make a living out of that job, and to more importantly provide financial stability. This is what a Career Determiner had to offer; and that is just what you did. Students loved your class and it ultimately helped them decide on their career path. It was comforting that you weren't wasting anyones time, including your own.

     You unlocked the door to your lecture room to grab a couple documents and admired that this would be your last couple days there until you left for a well-deserved month long vacation.

     Yes, one month long! This was shockingly granted to you after your boss (and university headmaster), Mr. Brody Wood, acknowledged your hard work. Plus, you didn't have classes in the fall, but that's besides the point. You also theorized that Professor Brody had a crush on you, but it's best not to think about it. It freaked you out and could potentially jeopardize your job.

     Anyway, you were very much looking forward to your trip, just south of the city you're in now. It had many activities to offer, like museums and a little strip mall that you were interested in visiting. An apartment was waiting for you to check in for the month. (You definitely have a good deal of money, by the way.)

{ swap to first person perspective }

     I snapped out of my "vacation mindset" and re-focused on what I drove here for: Papers. And a lot of them. They were waiting to be graded, unfortunately I don't enjoy this part of teaching. I don't usually assign papers so this was a rare occurrence.

After collecting all of the documents, I tidied up my desk from where I had previously been working.

Eh, that's good for now.

I briskly walked out of the big classroom and locked the door behind me, and headed home to grade.