Next Time

"Well, my stage name is Mirage," he said, drawing out the last word in a flirtatious way. "Buuut, you can call me Elliot."

He smiled after saying his name, and I could tell he was a sweetheart.

     "Well Elliot, it's very nice to meet you."

I stated with a warm smile, which I noticed he blushed a bit and shifted in his chair. Am I dreaming? I wasn't sure. I took a sip of my drink to overcome my anxiousness.

   "So how do I know i'm talking to the real Elliot?"

He looked at me with his sweet brown eyes and simply said, "Because I can do this!"

He proceeded to perform what looked like a dumb magic trick, making a smaller decoy of himself dance on the table.

"Isn't me adorable!?" Elliot asked skeptically.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Can't argue with that. Shouldn't you be working, though?"

He scoffed, stretching his arms behind his head and revealing a bit of his toned abs to answered me.

"Pshh, I own the place! And, I technically am working." 

Elliot gestured to his holograms cleaning glasses and taking orders. 

"I guess you're right," I remarked while looking at my watch. It was already midnight. "It's getting late, I better head home."

Elliots face frowned as I finished my food and gathered my purse.

"W-will you come back?" He asked gloomily. Then, his face changed. "W-wait nevermind, sorry. That's weird for me to ask. You probably have other things going on anyway," He said quickly, turning around and walking away from me as if he were embarrassed. "Thanks for coming!"

"Elliot, wait!" I spat out. He turned around, eyebrow raised. "Of course I'll be back!" I retorted. "After all, you're my first friend in this city."

I winked and turned on my heel towards the door.

"O-Okay! I'll see you n-next time then! Bye!"