Coincidences, Amirite

After encountering Elliot, I seemed to forget about the games for a while. I didn't bring it up to him that time because frankly, I don't know if I could handle the stories. Although I'm sure he was very brave, strong, and sweaty during the battle...

Okay, I got carried away thinking about him. So what!? That doesn't mean I like him or anyth-

Okay, so I like him. There, I said it.

I yearned to see him again, but it had already been a couple days since I stopped by. I didn't want to be a creep or have him think I was obsessed with him. Then again, I was the one who said I would come back. I guess I owe him a visit.

I prepared my outfit, taking extra care this time to be even prettier than the first time. Not for me, but for him.

When I arrived at the lounge, it wasn't nearly as packed as last time. There was a couple on the couch, a girl in a booth and..

Oh. My. God.

Mr. Brody?

I took a double take whenever I noticed him. The unmistakable receding hairline... the khaki pants.

It was definitely him.

I frantically try to hide my face, even though someone was already approaching me with open arms.

"Hey! Look who it is!" Elliot shouts as I approach the bar. "You finally came!"

He pulled me in for a hug and it was the most enjoyable thing I've felt in a long time. Maybe I was just touch starved, but this felt right. His hands perfectly placed around my waist, then slowly rubbing my lower back. I hugged his neck and smelled an amazing cologne.

"You smell amazing.." I spoke softly, smiling in friendly banter. "Axe body spray?"

"Ha! No, it's-" Mirage was interrupted by a shorter man approaching me.

"Well, what a coincidence seeing you here, Ms. (L/N)." spoke Mr. Brody, eyeing me up and down. "Do you two know each other?"

"Y-Yes! We're uh- uhh.."

"Together." said Elliot, sternly looking at Mr. Brody through the furrow of his brow. Neither of them looked happy.

"I see," commented the stubby man. "Well, I'll leave you be. Nice seeing you."

The headmaster exited Elliots bar, and popped his collar before giving me one last glance of disapproval.

My right hand had somehow intertwined with his, and his left was situated somehow on my lower back.

"I- Sorry Elliot," I stuttered out of embarrassment, quickly retrieving my hand from his. "You didn't have to do that, you know.."

But Elliot wasn't listening. He still had that stern, 'back off' look on his face, fixated on someone through the window. I followed his stare to see Mr. Brody calling a taxi.

"Elliot, it's fine.." I begged, seeing he was still bothered by this man.

"It's not fine."

My eyes met his, finally, and he softened his face and unclenched his jaw once he saw I was upset.

"He made you uncomfortable. He looked at you inappropriately and I didn't like it, I'm sorry."

His words stuck to me like glue, and I wondered if he treats every pretty girl like this. I just smile and thank him.

"That's very thoughtful, Mirage." I said, walking towards a seat at the bar. His fingers lingered on my back, as if they didn't want to leave. "You should teach your decoys to do that for other girls in your bar!"

Elliot chuckled. "Other girls in this bar aren't as special as you, though."

This sentence shocked me. Was I going too fast? Was he going to fast? I wasn't sure. I decided to laugh it off and change the topic.