You Got Bamboozled

I crossed the sidewalk and turned into the entrance of the lounge. It was like any average bar, but it seemed very relaxed, considering horrible news was announced on the media a couple of hours ago.

There were many faces that I walked past that seemed friendly— A rare occurrence in a place like this.

I plopped down on a barstool and began reading the menu.

APPETIZERS

• BBQ Chicken Wings
• French Fries
• Mozzarella Sticks ( +50¢ Marinara Sauce )
• Spinach Dip

I was pleasantly surprised to see mozzarella sticks, I freaking love mozzarella sticks. Decision made!

I look up, searching for someone to take an order. I wasn't expecting to see someone illuminated with a blue hue of what seemed to be transparency. It confused me.

After a minute or so, the figure finished serving the other customers. It wasn't until he turned around that I realized how dashingly handsome he was. Like, wow.

He must've seen my admiration, because before I could blink he was over right by my side.

"Hey, I think you're at the wrong place— the Prettiest Girl Competition is 2 blocks from here," the mystery guy joked.

I couldn't help but laugh. My face flushed with red and I look down.

"Ha-Ha, very funny," I mocked as I look back up, flashing a smile. "I must be the, what, 15th girl you've used that pickup line on?"

The mans face turned to shock, then a slight smirk. He lipped his lips before he talked.

"No, actually, you're the first!" He emphasized, pointing a finger at me. "Seriously. What can I get you to drink?"

I smiled and spoke. The man didn't look real, so I just assumed it was some new technology that I hadn't seen yet. "I'll just have a blue hawaiian, not too strong," I explained. "Oh! And mozzarella sticks too."

He let out a chuckle and turned around to prepare my order.

"Sure thing, fellow cheese stick lover. Be right back!" He winked, and shot finger guns at me.

He was a goober. A real jokester. I loved it. But what I couldn't figure out was his identity. It looked like a hologram maybe? But he looked so real; I couldn't put my finger on what the technology was. I suppose he'd explain to me himself, or I'd just forget about it. Maybe I'll ask him myself to strike more conversation.