The New Normal (longer chapter)

For the remaining of the day, I helped Elliott clean his bar, which was relatively dirty from the chaotic night before— when everyone was in shambles, because two contestants of the Apex Games stood in front of them.

I watched as Elliott delicately cleaned each and every glass. He seemed to care a great deal about this place.

I gleefully skipped over to him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Well to what to I owe the pleasure?" He grinned, turning in shock and pulling me in by my waist. "You seem more touchy than usual."

I laid my head on his chest as he swayed me into a hug.

"I don't know," I mumbled. "I just like you." I looked up from his chest, puppy dog eyes locked with his.

He smiled ear to ear and just pulled me in for another hug. Elliott was significantly taller than me, I had come to notice. His chin rested on the top of my head.

"You know I like ya too, darlin'" he said with a silly voice. I yelped out of surprise as he dipped me into a smooth kiss before returning to his duties.

I smiled and slowly walked back over to a booth to wipe it down, de-sanitize, and reset the table. I continued doing so for about an hour; I had honestly tired myself out.

Soon, I heard Elliott's phone ring upstairs where we had been a couple hours earlier in the morning.

"I'll grab that for you, Elliott" I yell, since he is in the back room. I wasn't sure if he heard me.

I quickly jog upstairs and grab his phone, shielding my eyes so I don't invade his privacy.

"Here you go" I spoke with a smile.

"Oh, thanks!" he replied.

I left his area to give him some space to talk to whoever had called. I didn't like to barge in on peoples business; I was never given a reason to not trust someone like Elliott. I was confident it would stay that way.

However, I couldn't help but overhear the beginning of the conversation.

"Hey mom!" I heard him say.

"Yeah, everything's going great!"

I smiled, not realizing we had never discussed our families to each other. It was nice to know that he had a pleasant one, I think.

I began to head to the stairs before something morbid reached my ears.

"W-What, mom I'm your son," he said, annoyed yet worried. "Y-yeah. It's alright."

My eyes grew wide as I realized what this could potentially mean— memory loss? Perhaps something worse?

Obviously I wasn't going to pester him about it. That's a family matter and none of my business— but I need to support Elliott if he tells me anything about her. It's probably a sensitive subject.

I quietly headed upstairs, hearing enough for one day. I folded my newly cleaned clothes and located my car keys.

Eventually, I heard footsteps behind me.

"(Y/N)?" Elliott sounded worried sick. "Where are you going? Are you leaving me here?"

I looked up, startled at the claim.

"No!" I exclaimed, full of shock. He sighed a breath of relief and gestured for a hug.

"Of course not," I mumbled into his t-shirt that smelled amazing.

He chuckled at my action, "Do I smell good?" He asked skeptically.

"Oh yeah, really good!" I nuzzled into his defined chest, though I'd never seen it, it was probably hot.

His hands traveled lower and wrapped around my waist, beginning to plant kisses quickly all over me.

"Ahh!" I giggled. "Quit it, mister.. you're too romantic!"

He finally kissed my lips, as if the grand prize, and let a low growl from his throat.

"You're so beautiful.." He sighed, looking at my face.

"No, El.. but thank you."

He rolled his eyes, but flashed me a smile.

"I'm gonna head back to my rental home," I began. "I haven't been there in a while, and I need some clothes. You probably don't want to take care of me anymore!" I joked.

Elliott threw back his head and laughed. "Ha! As if. Also, you're not going alone. I'll tag along."

I nodded and smiled, excited to spend more time with him.

Elliott didn't open up about his family quite yet; and that was okay. There will hopefully be more times in the future, and if I see an opportunity to ask— I might take it.