It's the Little Things

{edit: sorry this is a short chapter. running low on energy for anything atm}

time skip: a couple weeks

The games were rapidly approaching.

I had contacted my job at the University and informed them of my unfortunate news, but they already were aware of it. They simply told me, in the gentlest way possible, that my job would remain available.. if i returned.

As in, make it out alive in the games.

The thought sent shivers down my spine; I shook the thought out of my head and proceeded with whatever I was doing.

Evidently, it was messing with Elliots hair. I had gazed into a mere daydream while the boy was snoring in my lap.

Elliot and I had been spending a lot of time getting closer the past couple of weeks. We had movie-dates, picnics, and several other ideas that he has thought of.

I was only falling deeper for him, and he to i.

Suddenly Elliot snapped me back into reality with a slight shift of his weight.

"hrmphhh" he groaned, flipping onto his tummy and wrapping his arms around my waist, still laying his head down in my lap.

I giggled and gently patted his back.

"Babe my legs are starting to hurt," I admitted.

Elliot got up, stretched his body and bent down to peck me on my lips before departing for the restroom.

I laughed because he always got grouchy whenever I had to wake him up, it was sort of a routine I learned. But he always repaid me with a quick kiss.