chapter 14, part 1

heaven on earth.

our kiss.

it wasn't a plethora of butterflies inside our hearts.

it wasn't a spark letting off thousands of fireworks.

it  wasn't a moment when time stopped and stared for a minute or two.

no, it was more than that.

it was like walking into a home after a long day, a hug after a long night of yearning fo sleep. it was a burst of freshness in the dreary world of winter, a cool breeze on a summer's day, an overcast sky after a year of drought.

it was a ray of hope in a hopeless world, the sunlight at the end of the tunnel.

it was my fingers tangled in his hair. it was his fingers taut against my hipbone. it was my hand clutching at his shirt like it was some sort of lifeline. it was his fingers grasping lightly at my nape.

his lips were like a cup of hot chocolate, with a hint of coffee. his arms were like a lifeboat in the middle of a storm. the gentle rocking of the boat was a simulation at best, because it was so far away, and i could not feel it.

i was flying through the clouds before falling down, but slow and secure, and i landed in his arms, like i was meant to be there forever.

i felt small, but it didn't shame me.

no, instead i felt like i had a life worth living, like an epiphany at midnight.

magical and absolute; it did not leave any room for opposition.

it was homely, in a way i hadn't experienced home before.

it was almost as if i had been lost in a forest for centuries, before i stumbled upon a little cottage, where all provisions were. it was everything that i ever needed.

it felt just right.

then it grounded me to reality for a bit; his lips tasted like hot cheetos after all.

---

324 words

---

me: writes a heartfelt chapter

also me: ends it with hot cheetos

what am i on?

and also, i was correct, gandhi did beat my arse today

n e ways

yeet.