chapter 3

school.

another hellhole.

not quite like home though.

there i was vulnerable and almost... naked?

here?

here's a different story. a mask over my emotions. i am not me there. it's not like i'm a loner, it's quite the opposite. i have friends; of course I do, and they are lovely. they are my solace in this broken, hurting world. but I don't really associate with them in school, not wanting to be a hurt magnet for them. they had been there for me since the first day. but as soon as my father died, as soon as the abuse started, i started drifting away. it was not their fault, it was mine, i put up a mask over my hurt, i slowly started moving away from them. i did not want them to see me in my hurting state, because I knew they'd care.

i changed schools

i tried my best to not fail classes so i could always be a grade or two ahead of them.

they are young; they do not need to see me like this.

i somehow managed to snap out of the thoughts in my head and started to get ready.

i didn't want to add fuel to the fire of my mother's hatred for me.

as soon as i step foot inside school, i got hit with the blast of noisey chatter of the streaming multitudes of the students in my school. it was going to be a long day.

---

"move, hoe, move, don't take up so much space."

"excuse me?????????????????"

"ah, changbin, sorry, i'm in a hurry and standing here talking to you ain't gonna help me find chan quicker. k? bye."

"jisung, if it wasn't illegal, you'd be dead by now."

pulling a face at my housemate, i started running towards what i remembered to be chan's classroom.

chan is like my friend, brother and overtly strict father all at once.

i ran into the classroom, out of breath, my school tie askew. seeing that chan was sitting on the desk at the back of the class, i carefully threaded my way towards him through the maze formed on the aisle with the bags of my fellow students, and the telltale water puddle that was bound to happen due to some idiot bringing a bottle with a broken cap or a leak or some shit like that .

" here's the stuff you asked me for. now will you get off my back about it?"

"yeah sure, now get out, our teacher is about to come."

now i knew it was a lie, because they have mrs. im as their first period teacher and she is always late by at least 5 minutes.

but i scrammed anyway, because of two things:
a) chan is scary when angry
b) i have mr. yoon as my class teacher and he is never late and always looks for an excuse to put me in detention.

i ran up to my classroom and sat beside felix, not that i had much choice, seeing that there was no other seat left.

mr. yoon enters.

"han jisung, you are called to the principal's office."

---

533 words

---

hiya, i had writer's block lmao