chapter 15

jeongin

so it was finally happening, wasn't it?

the caring embrace of childhood had finally turned to wisps of smoke, the gentle hands had turned to air.

i looked over my room one last time before i left it, presumably forever.

the memories of the past four years had accumulated into the boundaries of these four walls, from the posters i had asked my favourite bands to sign to the pages of the black notebook i wrote all my ideas in, all my emotions had laid itself bare in front of my eyes to let them feast up it one last time.

the boxes were packed, and already at the new address before i joined them.

i was moving again, but this time alone; i was moving out.

i was to live with the child of one of my parent's business partners, and i did not know what to expect.

i walked down the stairs one last time, for i knew my parents would move away from here without me there.

i waved goodbye to my parents ands walked onto the porch, waiting for the car to come.

the journey was neither too long, nor too short, a 30 minutes at best, and we slowly transitioned from lavish mansions housing the rich to apartments fit for college pupils and high school students.

it was not as if the bang family was not loaded, apparently their son thought it would be a better idea if he worked on his own to stand where he was.

it was admirable.

i got off, and took the only bag remaining into my hand and took off towards my future residence.

the luggage was already upstairs and all i needed to do was sign my name in.

the elevator ride nerve wracking. the myriad of possibilities that could ensue was a little intimidating at best. would i like him? would he like me? would i be annoying? it was intimidating at best.

i checked the metal plates adjoining the doors and stopped to knock when i reached my soon to be home.

the door swung inwards to reveal him

---

chan

i was not anticipating the news i had received.

i had always fantasized about living alone, or living with my partner if i ever got one.

i did not give thoughts to the possibilities of a roommate.

it was true, the bicycle shop wasn't going all too well and bills were a little hard to pay, and i would always barely scrape them together, but i also always determined to do all i do alone, and independent.

but then again their personal life was of no concern to me, i just had to ensure that they were equal in whatever they contributed to the communal living space.

i was not told who i'd be living with; no name, no age, no number, nothing.

i was shaken out of my thoughts by the gentle knocking on my front door, at least mine for now.

their luggage had been kept in their room, and owing to the fact that it had arrived in standard cardboard boxes, i could not gauge who i had to be with.

i strode over to the door from where i had been leaning against the kitchen counter, engrossed in thought.

i opened the door, not knowing what to expect, but i didn't expect anything like what i saw.

i thought that my parents would house me with a female, their old fashioned fancy for early marriage and all.

i did not expect a bright smile accompanying those gentle, yet sharp eyes, or that pretty nose and the overall pleasant facial structure of a male who somehow resembled a desert fox.

i had always found myself attracted to males, but the attraction i felt for him was unreal.

i stepped back and opened the door a little wider, hoping that he'd not find me rude.

it was not that i didn't want to talk to him, but i could not find the right words.

i recognized him from the numerous business parties i had to attend. after all, who would not recognize the perfect son of a powerful business tycoon.

yang jeongin would be interesting to live with.

---

705 words

---

THANK YOU FOR 500+ VIEWS I AM HOLLERING OH GOD I LOVE Y'ALL OMGOMGOMGGSHSHHSBDBXNNXBZ

also a jeongchan chapter because it is ✨essential✨ to the storyline

yeet.