Chapter 29

I can't hide
How I feel about you
Inside
I'd give everything up
Tonight
If I could just have you be mine
Be mine, baby

I can't hideHow I feel about youInsideI'd give everything upTonightIf I could just have you be mineBe mine, baby

"Okay..." I trail off. "Favorite superhero?"

"Iron Man, for sure." Harry answers instantly. "I'm a tech nerd. I would go ballistic if I got to play with all of Tony Stark's gadgets. It's a dream."

"I think I would have to say Spider-Man." I hum while I still mindlessly fiddle with the rings on Harry's fingers. "I don't know why. But I really like his vibe."

Harry and I are laying on our backs on top of this little blanket bed he made for us on the rooftop. The sun set a long while ago. But we have completely lost track of time by now, asking each other random questions that come to mind.

His one arm is wrapped around me, pulling me close to his side. His warmth and scent is all consuming and extremely comforting. I could lay here all night with him.

I feel his chest rumble against me as he laughs in reaction to my answer. "His vibe?" Harry quips. "What exactly is Spider-Man's vibe?"

"His vibe is just cool, I don't know!" I laugh. "The man can swing from building to building by shooting webs out of his hands!"

"Okay, point taken." He says. He remains silent for a moment, seeming to be thinking up his next question. "When's your birthday?"

"October twentieth. How about you?" I answer.

"February first." He states. "So that means your birthday is coming up. Like, two months away."

"Yeah, but I never really do much for it. I feel like birthdays stop being important after you hit a certain point in your twenties."

"I get that," Harry speaks, his voice calm and deep. His accent always gets thicker for some reason when it's late at night. I could listen to him talk for hours on end and never get bored. "I don't do much either. Since I moved to New York, I usually just spend it with Brandon and Janet. We just hangout at my place and play video games."

"That sounds nice." I'm glad that Harry has friends like Brandon and Janet. They're good people and seem to really care about Harry. From what I can assume about Harry's past, he hasn't always had people like that in his life.

I find myself getting lost in Harry for a moment. His musky lavender scent, the feeling of his arm wrapped around me and holding me close, his warmth, the way our hands are just mindlessly playing with each other's. "Okay, your turn to ask a question." Harry speaks quietly, snapping me out of my trance.

I think for a few moments before deciding what to ask next. "Who is the one person that knows you better than anyone else?"

"My mum." Harry answers without skipping a beat. "I guess you could say that I'm a momma's boy. I call her every day."