Chapter 17

"So, do you know what you're going to name her?"

It's been 5 months. I'm 5 months pregnant and Marcus, Landon and I have moved into a house together in Oregon. Right now, Jamie is over while Marcus is at practice.

I can't help but grin, "Yes, we decided to name her Mariana Jamie Mariota."

Jamie's eyes widen, "Jamie?"

I smile, "I let Marcus pick the first name. I picked the middle name."

Jamie hugs me, "Wow, Jess. Thank you so much. That really means a lot "

I smile, "Of course. Oh my gosh, I forgot to tell you something huge!"

Jamie raises her brows, "What is it?"

I grin, "Landon calls Marcus dad now!"

Jamie's mouth drops open, "That's amazing! How does Braxton feel about it?"

I shrug, "He doesn't know. But he's suppose to be flying out here soon to see him. So I guess he'll find out soon. "

Jamie nods, "I assume Marcus loves it?"

I nod, "Oh yeah. He nearly cried when Landon called him dad for the first time. Now, when it happens, Marcus just gets this huge smile on his face. "

Jamie sighs, "You guys are literally perfect. "

I laugh, "Jamie, we're far from perfect. You know all the stuff we went through to get to this point!"

Jamie leans back in her chair, "True. So where is Landon?"

I smile, "In his room. "

Jamie yells for him and Landon comes running out. He's getting so big, it's insane.

Jamie lifts Landon on her lap, kissing his head, "How's my favorite nephew doing?"

He giggles, "Good," then he looks at me, "Mommy, when is daddy coming home? I want to play with him?"

Jamie awhs while I just smile, "Well baby, he's at practice right now. He should be home soon though, okay?"

Landon nods then jumps off of Jamie's lap, going back into his room.

***

Braxton should be here any minute. I'm really nervous. Marcus and Landon are in the backyard playing around.

The doorbell rings and when I open it, Braxton is standing there with bags.

He hugs me and kisses my cheek, "Hello gorgeous. How are you doing?"

I smile, "I'm good. "

Braxton sets his hands on my stomach, "Everything okay with the baby?"

I grin, "Yes, thankfully. Come in! I'll show you the guest room. "

I take Braxton to his room. Braxton sets his suitcases down then I show him the house.

When we get to the family room, Braxton sits down beside me, "You have an amazing house. "

I smile, "Thank you. We really love it."

Braxton rubs his hands together, "Where's my boy?"

I smile, "He's outside playing with Marcus. Let's go. "

Braxton and I walk outside right as Landon calls Marcus daddy.

"Higher daddy! Higher!"

Marcus is pushing him on a swing.

Braxton stops in his tracks at hearing those words directed towards Marcus. Then he turns around and walks back inside.

I run after him, finding him in his room. I sigh and close the door, going to sit next to him on his bed.

"Braxton, you have to understand. Landon is around him all the time. Marcus is a father figure for him. But he'll never replace you. You'll always be his dad. "

Braxton looks at me with tears in his eyes, "He's taken so much from me. You, Landon. My family. Why does he get you? What does he have that I don't?"

I grab Braxton, pulling him in to a hug, "Nothing, Braxton. "

When I pull away, Braxton brushes his lips against mine. I breath out, "I can't."

Braxton softly presses his lips against mine. I can't help but kiss back. I may be with Marcus but I will always have feelings for Braxton. And seeing him hurt makes me hurt.

I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck. I don't pull away until I feel his hands make their way to the buttons on my pants.

I push him off, "Braxton, stop. This went to far. I'm sorry. That was a mistake. "

Braxton sits up, looking absolutely gutted, "A mistake?"

I sigh and run my hand through my hair, "Braxton, come on. You know I'll always have feelings for you. But i love Marcus. I'm devoted to Marcus. You have to understand. "

Braxton lays back on the bed, "I do. "

I stand up, "Come on. I know Landon wants to see you and I'm going to make dinner soon. "

I leave the room, hearing Braxton following me.

I go outside and stand in the doorway, "Landon, someone is here to see you!"

Braxton stops beside me. Landon runs to Braxton, giving him a huge hug. I smile and walk out to Marcus. I wrap my arms around him, "Hello. "

He kisses me, "Hello gorgeous. How's my baby doing?"

I grin, "She's doing good. So, I was thinking. For dinner, Landon and Braxton should be pizzas together. Give them a chance to bond a little bit. "

Marcus smiles, "That sounds great. "

I grab his hand as we walk over to Landon and Braxton. "I was thinking you two could spend some time together and make us some pizzas. How does that sound?"

Landon jumps up and down, "Yes daddy! Can we!"

Braxton laughs, "Sure. "

I take them into the kitchen and get all the ingredients out. I smile, "Marcus will be in our room. Yell if you need us!"

Marcus and I go into our room, laying down on the bed. I love our room. It's so gorgeous. (Pictured above)

Marcus and I lay down in our bed, watching tv for awhile. I can't help but feel guilty for kissing Braxton.

I have to tell Marcus

How does he not hate me?

I've betrayed him so many times

I'm a terrible fiancé