Chapter 16

Jessica's P. O. V.

This dinner has been so awkward. We're all basically sitting in silence while Jt tries to make conversation.

Jt finally sighs and looks at me, "Alright, I guess I'll get the ball going. Jessica, why did you end things with Braxton?"

I sigh, "Because I love Marcus. And I'm pregnant with his child. "

Jt's eye widen, "You're pregnant?!"

I bite my lip and nod, "Yes. I am. "

Jt raises his brows, "Wow. Well congratulations I guess. "

I laugh, "Jt, just because you're friends with Braxton doesn't mean you can't be happy for me. Don't you understand? I'm happy. You should be happy for me."

Jt sighs, "You're right, Jess. I'm sorry. "

I nod, "Its fine. "

I look at Marcus and whisper, "Do you want to go?"

Marcus nods so I look at Braxton and Jt, "We're gonna go. We're leaving for Oregon in the morning. So we need to say bye now. "

I hug Jt and Braxton, "I love both of you. I'll see you soon?"

Braxton pulls me into another hug, burying his face in my hair. He whispers, "I love you. So much. I'm glad you're happy. This is just hard for me. Please understand. "

I pull away, "I do. "

Braxton leans down and when I realize he's about to kiss me, I turn my head so his lips land on my cheek.

I pull away and walk to Marcus, grabbing his hand, "See ya guys. "

Marcus and I leave, going back to the hotel. My friend was watching Landon and she leaves when we get back.

In our hotel room, there are two little bedrooms. One has Landon and my bed and the other has Marcus' bed. I put Landon to bed then shut the door, crawling next to Marcus in his bed. We turn on a movie and snuggle up together.

Marcus wraps his arm around my waist as I lay my head against his chest. Marcus kisses the top of my head, "I'm sorry about tonight. "

I smile up at him, "It's okay. I don't care if they're upset. I love you. Landon loves you. And we're going to have a great life together. "

Marcus can't wipe the smile off his face, "You are so incredibly amazing. "

I lean up and kiss him softly. We lay in his bed and watch a movie.

When the movie is over, I start to get up but Marcus grabs me, pulling me on too of him.

I laugh as his captures my lips with his. He flips us over so he's on top of me.

Before things go to far, I pull away. Marcus continues kissing my neck so I set my hands on his chest, "Stop, Marcus. Landon is right behind that door. "

Marcus sighs and lays on top of me, his face nuzzled in my neck. He lightly kisses my neck once, "I love you"

I smile and smack his butt with my hand, "And I love you. "

Marcus sits up and yawns, "We should get to bed. We have an early flight in the morning. "

I nod and stand up, kissing Marcus, "Goodnight. I love you. "

"Love you too, baby. Sleep good. "

I go into the other room and crawl into bed next to Landon. He wakes up and snuggles against me. We go to sleep pretty quickly.