Chapter 20

Jessica's P. O. V.

"Landon! Its time for bed!"

I walk into Braxton's room to see him jumping on the bed with Landon.

I grab Landon, "Go get ready for bed. "

When Landon, grumpily, walks away, I look at Braxton, "I understand he's your son too. But I raise him and his bedtime is 8 o clock. I can't have you winding him up right when it's time for bed. You need to respect my rules. "

Braxton sits down, nodding, "You know what? You're completely right. I'm sorry. "

I nod, "It's fine. After I put him to bed, Marcus and I will be going to bed. So goodnight. "

Braxton nods, "Goodnight. "

I walk out, going into Landon's room. I tuck him in and say, "Goodnight. I love you. "

"I love you too mommy. "

I smile and kiss him then walk out, closing his door. I walk into my bedroom to see Marcus already in bed, watching tv.

I change then jump into bed with him, "Goodnight. "

He leans over and kisses me, "Goodnight babe. I love you. "

I grin, "I love you too.

***

I wake up the next morning to a loud bang. I quickly jump out of bed and run our into the kitchen. I see Landon on the ground surrounded by pots and pans.

I run over to him, picking him up, "Are you okay?"

Landon nods but looks upset, "I'm sorry I woke you. I wanted to make breakfast for you and daddy. "

I smile and kiss him, "It's okay baby. All that matters is that you're okay. Can I help you with breakfast? What were you planning on making?"

Landon holds up a container, "Cinnamon Rolls"

I smile and take the container from here, "C'mon, I'll help. "

We stand up and I open up the container, placing the rolls in the pan then putting the pan in the oven.

I look down at Landon, "There ya go! And if anyone asks, I'll tell them you made these all by yourself. "

Landon hugs my legs, "You're the best."

"Who's the best?"

I look to see Marcus walking in. He grabs my waist and kisses me, "Good morning beautiful. "

I smile, "Good morning. How did you sleep?"

Marcus grins, "Good, you?"

I nod as he crouches down in front of Landon, "And how did you sleep, little man?"

Landon grins and gives Marcus a high five, "Good!"

I smile and lean against the counter.

I am so lucky.