The Sun, the Sea, and the Second Time Adriel Got Punched Within Two weeks

(CW: Violence, mild blood, and swearing)

"You two, come down here!" Mila shouted from the dinner table. Her slim hands gripped the laptop in front of her tightly, shaking the device excitedly.

Asher was the first to run down, with Adriel following right after. The latter's 8-year old legs were to blame; he had only a fraction of his father's height.

"What, what's wrong?!" Asher exclaimed, looking around wildly.

"Mom, what's up?" Adriel asked in a much quieter voice.

"I got accepted!" Mila all but screeched, crying tears of joy. She jumped up and thrusted the screen at their faces, beaming brightly. "That company invited me after seeing the show I was a part of"

Asher stumbled back at the sudden intrusion, quickly gaining composure. He scanned the email with a dropped jaw, before it slowly turned to a smile. "That's amazing! It's the one in Japan, right?"

"What else?" the mother smirked, patting herself on her back. "Seriously, this is the best opportunity I've ever gotten!"

"Good job, Mom" Adriel shyly smiled. He leaned forward on his tippy toes to read the words on the screen. "I liked that show a lot. It's the one with the murderer, right?"

"Aha, oh yeah..." Mila awkwardly trailed off.

She was then reminded of the fact that her 8-year old son had gotten attached to the thriller T.V show that she had written. Funny enough, Adriel seemed to understand the plotline perfectly, probably since his own mother was one of the writers. What an interesting hobby for such a young child to have...

"So the company invited you to join?" Adriel suddenly asked, looking over the email carefully. He squinted at the small writing. "Japan's a long way from here"

"Yeah, it is" Mila responded.

It got quiet for a few seconds, as the gears turned in the male's head.

Mila turned to him with a smile. "Haven't you ever wondered what Japan was like?"

"It seems nice," Adriel shyly grinned. "Then are we moving?"

"Well, me and Mom have been thinking for a while" Asher ruffled the boy's hair lovingly. "Japan's a beautiful country. How would you like to live there from now on? Of course, we'll plan carefully, and we'll miss Singapore very much, and we'll-"

"Sounds cool" Adriel interrupted casually. "Let's move to Japan"

Asher blinked slowly. "Just like that? Aren't you going to miss Singapore?"

"I don't have friends to say goodbye to" the young boy shrugged. "And of course I'm gonna miss home. But we can make home wherever we go, as long as we're together, right?"

The two adults stared at their son lovingly. He was so mature for such a young child; how had they been so blessed? Though Adriel was a bit shy, and didn't talk as much as 8-year olds normally did, the parents couldn't have been more grateful for someone so understanding.

Mila grinned. "Of course. Then, to Japan we go!"

"Hey Dad, can I stay at a friend's house for the weekend?" Adriel quietly asked into his phone.

"Uh, sorry what'd you say?!" Asher screamed back from the other side. The sounds of chaos and rushing footsteps coming from the receiver made the words almost inaudible as the tan male cringed.