7- TIME FOR A CHANGE

The week went by fast. Now it's Friday, and Amber and Nathan have dragged me into the car.

They say "you need to get glamorous for your date tonight."

"Can you guys just inform me where we are headed? I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. I was sat in the backseat all alone, and I heard a chuckle come from Amys mouth.

We were in an area I was not familiar with. There were expensive designer stores in every corner. I know damn well my parents can't afford anything over here.

The car had finally came to a stop. I looked at the window. "Luxurious hair salon" I read at the top of the place we were parked at.

"Ummm guys?" I nervously asked as I got out the car.
"Mhm?" Nathan threw his arm over my shoulder and I lightly shoved it off.
"Surprise!!!" Amy squealed, running up to the door like we were entering Disney land.

Please don't tell me we're here because of what I think.

"Time for a change. We're getting your hair done!" Nathan put his hand on the small of my back, basically forcing me into the well designed building.

Once I enter, the place was full of women with magazines. Hair on the floor everywhere, and laughter here and there.

"Hello gorgeous! Welcome to the luxurious hair salon!" A Lady with a purple pixie cut came walking up to us. I noticed a couple of piercings and tattoos.

"Hey Shannon! My little sister here wants to dye her hair! Think you could do it?" I have Nathan a confused look as he hugged the older lady. How does he know her? Also, I do not want to dye my hair. He wants me to dye my hair! That's why we're here! Ugh, those bastards! Arent I pretty enough?

Ummm..... okay. I guess I could use a new look.

"Anything for you, dear. Follow me." She began walking to her station and we followed.
"How do you know this 30 year old woman!?" I whisper yelled in Nathan's ear.
"I bring chicks here all the time." He shrugged.

Shannon signaled me to take a seat in her chair, which I did very awkwardly. The last time I came to one of these was when I was like 12. She let out a small laugh as she gathered her tools.

"So...." she began.
"Evelyn." I lightly smiled as I stared at her through the mirror.
"Evelyn! Gorgeous name! What color will we be doing?" She grabbed pieces of my hair, I'm guessing she was observing what she was working with.

"Surprise her." Amy was sitting in a chair beside me, chomping on a mint she took and reading a vogue magazine.
"Actually I-" I wanted to correct her. There's no way I was going to let her do whatever to my beautiful scalp of hair.
"Shut up, Evelyn. Do whatever Shannon." Nathan pointed his index finger at me and smiled at Shannon.

The whole time I sat in this chair blindfolded, yes... blindfolded, I couldn't help but think of what Wayne was going to think of this. What if he didn't like it? Not that it mattered or anything, but it would just suck if he didn't like it. I'm not sure why it would suck, but for some reason it would! I know Jason would enjoy it. Once again, I'm not sure what has suddenly brought me to care about them and their opinions. This is all Ambers doings.

Finally about 4 hours later.... yes, four hours. She spent four hours on my hair.

"Ready sweetie?" I felt hands go behind my head, assuming Shannon was removing the bandana.
"Actually, I'm not Shannon." I gave her a huge fake smile and I heard Nathan laugh from behind.
"Take it off." I heard him say, making me huff.

When Shannon let go of the cloth, my eyes were still sealed shut. I did not want to see what she did to my hair. When Amber and I were 10, she used me as her Barbie doll. The next day, half my hair was shoulder length and the other have was to my elbows. Who knows what she did this time!?

"Ugh, just open you pussy." Amy groaned.
3...2...1

I had opened my eyes, and my jaw hit the floor.

I was a RED HEAD!!!??????

"Ta-da!" Shannon did jazz hands while Nathan and Amber applauded.

I brought my jaw back up to attempt to speak, but nothing came out. I was literally absolutely speechless.

I'm a red head now...... and you wanna know the worst part??
I don't hate it!!! I look stunning. Like a goddess in my opinion. Like poison ivy from the comic books! Yes! Her! Wow, I'm pretty fucking hot.

I ran my hands through my new red hair, even sniffed it. I tried to hide the smile on my face while doing so. I couldn't let them know I actually enjoyed it.

"So, do you like it?" Shannon began to clean up her station.
"Thank you." Is all that came out.
She turned to face me and crossed her arms, giving me one of those mom looks.

"Baby doll I did not just spend four hours of my day just for a thank you." She said in a sassy tone, making me giggle.
"I love it. Thank you Shannon." Smiled and got up from the chair to give her a big tight hug.
"Of course! Come back anytime!" She released from the hug and caressed my arm.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home!" I yelled opening the front door. They're usually upstairs playing air hockey when Nathan and I are gone. I found it strange, but yet again, my parents are the definition of strange.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, knowing they were my dads. I could tell by the sound of his shoes against the tile.

My grand plan was to freak my parents out by my new hair so much that I would be grounded all month! Which means, no date with Wayne!!

"Evelyn take that  wig off, you look like a clown!" My dad was panting when he got to the bottoms of the stairs.

"No dad! It's real! My hair is really red!" I squealed
"You look gorgeous, Eve!" My mother exclaimed, following behind him.

What did she say-

"Come again?" I asked confused.
"It looks great. Did Nathan take you with that woman Shannon?" She asked, rubbing her hands through my hair.

Maybe this plan isn't going to work. My parents are the least strict people in the world.

"Mom!? Arent you gonna ground me? I did it with no permission!" I scoffed and threw my hands in the air.
"Evelyn? The first time I smoked I was 11. I lost my virginity at 13, and had more than 10 tattoos before I was 15. You want me to ground my daughter that is almost 18 for dying her hair?" She laughed at the last part.

Sometimes- okay most of the time, I wish my parents were strict. Ambers mom wouldn't have let her left the house for months if she did this!

"Come on babe, let's get back to the game." My dad raced back up the stairs.

These people are just so immature.

A/N; why are u still reading?
This story sucks!

Okay anyways next chapter, she'll be going on her date with Wayne.

Hopefully it's a good chapter. I have an idea of what I want to happen.

Until next time, j