29: 僕の戦争

僕の戦争 「ぼくのせんそう」: my war

;

sora is back to brazil after spending a good one week in japan. the temperature contrast is kind of too much for him at first. but the summer is kind of the same with japan, the hot temperature is just annoying to deal with sometimes.

the man sighed as he propped his head on his hand, eyes trained to the sea.

he has been spending all of his free time (which is only a few) to go to the nearest beach near his apartment. for no apparent reason. the sea reminds him of japan, maybe this is a way to cure his homesickness.

many things has happened over the past years he has been living in brazil. first of all, he has started to see physciatrist. regarding to his deteriorating mental health, it is wise of him to start to see psychiatrist. he ain't taking any risk of having panic attack in a middle of a match.

his parents actually didn't allow him to change citizenship, afterall he is their pride and joy. whose parents wouldn't be prideful with a kid that can do everything like sorashi? but in the end, after some negotiation and a lot of talks with them (and also because of tenma) he can now live in brazil. a new fresh start for the new chapter of his life.

sorashi hummed as he watched the surfers riding the waves.

if he remembers correctly, he should be meeting someone this evening in this beach. but apparently, this certain someone is late by thirty minutes. sorashi could only sit on the beach chair as he watched the waves rolled.

about haizaki. sorashi has long cut ties with him. the event that took in the nationals years ago was one of the two meetings he had with the guy. the two's story is still a mystery though until now. even tenma doesn't know anything. only iwaizumi knows a good chunk of it.

talking about iwaizumi, the man is studying in america for a good while, making everyone jealous by his english skill. the man really had the audacity to brag it too with everyone when he was back to japan (mostly mocking oikawa because oikawa is still not fluent at that time.) but beside that, iwaizumi is still the same as he was before. scolding the overly-perfectionist duo, oikawa and sorashi, when he heard about they overwork themselves again. such a good guy, isn't he?

meanwhile oikawa tooru, he has changed over the course of his time in argentina. man is calm now. he is also better at regulating his own emotions. sorashi has met him multiple times through official games and outside schedule like this.

"tooru, where have you been?" sorashi groaned, looking at the man who is currently standing beside him.

"traffic," oikawa sighed. he then sat beside sorashi, mirroring him, looking at the sea. "they are crazier than japan sometimes."

"it's most of the times to be honest." sorashi laughed.

"so how was japan? you met tobio and the others, right?" oikawa asked, sipping the mineral water bottle. sorashi only hummed at that.

"japan was, well, japan." sora chuckled. "nothing has changed except they have grown so much since the last time i saw them."

oikawa laughed alongside sorashi. "must be fun back at japan."

sorashi's eyes crinkled into a crescent shaped moon. "it is. reunion with those who supported me since yesterday age was fun and nice."