18: ludens

if the karasuno team is a gear system and then sorashi is the oil that make everything runs smoothly. he always make sure that every ball that he received his high enough for the setter, his tosses are good to hit by the hitters, and he always always make sure that the ball didn't touch the floor. he takes care of everything with high consideration.

imagine the build up frustration that sorashi has to endure since middle school. being a perfectionist yet he got nothing from his hardwork. and those time when he was being overshadowed by his brother's success; that back in second year of middle school he thought about why he tried to bother playing volleyball, he did't even have the power to be an ace.

ukai is well aware that there is a solid 55% chance that sora will try to let out his pent up frustratrion in the game but, his self-control is too great. the young man has endured so much sufferings that he even willing to let go other things to pursue something that is totally not his style. like hey, udai sorashi is a violinist! a quite succesful one, winning some elite awards. but here he is now, in tokyo, waiting for the opening ceremony with his teammates. but again, the young man is slightly off if you watched him carefully.

sorashi stood in the corner as he read the messages his friends has sent. from ushijima's wise words of ace, oikawa's unreadable message (it is full of profanities and emojis), until tenma's newest message.

「from: tenma
to: sora
title: good luck!!

good luck on your tournament. i'll come when i have finished my manga draft <3 」

what's with that love emoji, sorashi thought. looking at the emoji, he shivered when he remembered the day when tenma used a flashy clothes with a writing, "brother's love" on it. sora almost messed up his solo because he caught of guard by the former little giant.

whoever said that tenma was cool should have tried to be his brother. sora sneered at himself. he then began to wander around again.

after being gone for a while, the team started to worry about sora's whereabouts. and knowing the fact hat sorashi can easily nap anywhere, made them even more worried that he fell asleep somewhere while the ceremony will start in fifteen minutes.

actually, they didn't need to search for him. "i'll be back five minutes before the ceremony." that's what sorashi said to daichi, leaving the captain behind just before daichi could utter a word. and sorashi is the typical to stay true to his words, so there are no points to be worried.

but then-mom and dad-sugawara and daichi decided to search for the silver haired middle blocker to calm the others. mainly because hinata was so close to tears when he realized his favourite senpai is nowhere to be found and kageyama started to be antsy too. asahi is not joining daichi and suga to search sora because: "sorashi is a badboy magnet." he said that with pale face. well, that was true, looking back at who is sora's ex is. but what kind of asshole they could find in this event? certainly won't be like that haizaki guy.

so when they found the silver dyed hair male with a scary looking player, they are not, in the slightest bit, surprised. they had seen this kind of scene before, multiple times. like the third years and that mad dog guy from aoba johsai, and tendou and ushijima from shiratorizawa.

and the fact that sorashi is forbidden to accompany hinata to the bathroom is so funny. the rule was made because one time hinata went to the bathroom with sora, they met kyotani from aoba johsai. the second year growled at hinata, scaring the poor middle blocker shitless. and not just kyotani, there are hanamaki and matsukawa too. it's like sora's presence multiplied the "badboys" number.