14: exhaustion

the rally is getting intense as the frustration among the team is slowly rising. everyone is trying to stop ushijima's infamous strong spikes and this is not a very good sight.

sorashi facepalmed, for now he could only watch the team getting more annoyed with the opposite team's ace. in his mind, he has thought of a hundred of simulation on how to counter ushijima's attack. (and maybe some ways to kill him. cue oikawa being so proud.)

tch, what a psychotic duo, oikawa and sorashi.

he was snapped out from his thought when he heard the team get off from the court.

everyone is discussing about ushijima and his spikes meanwhile sorashi is just sitting on the bench with an expressionless face.

"he is making that face again," sugawara whispered to daichi.

"the one he made after he came back from brazil right?" daichi whispered back.

sugawara nodded vigorously. daichi smiled so wide, "well, we are fine now. the monster of the court is back."

the timeout has ended. they got back to their own positions, readying themselves to continue the intense first set.

ushijima is the one who will serve this time. takeda sensei gulped in fear, this is not good.

daichi quickly moved to receive the ball, but they failed to connect the rally. he clicked his tongue. the captain himself is kind of frustrated but he tried to shrug it off. there are nothing good will come from a frustrated state.

ushijima served for the second time. this time nishinoya succesfully dived to receive the strong service.

then it clicked.

so, wakatoshi's serve is not as awfully scary like tooru's. honestly tooru's serves are still haunting me till this day. sorashi shivered at the thought of receiving oikawa's iconic demon serves.

he looked up just to see the team celebrated the point that tanaka has just scored. nishinoya, tanaka, and kageyama succesfully broke the chain!

there is no way they-- we could win the first set. we are too far behind. sora thought again.

he is far deep in his thoughts that the voices around him is completely disappear. ukai noticed that sorashi has gone quiet, he moved less and his eyes closed. the blond smirked, he knows really well what's up.

as he really wanted to, ukai can't just substitute sorashi into the court that easily. the silver and black haired young man can completely destroy the dynamic of the team. so in an attempt to keep everyone in line, he decided to use the wild card later.

sorashi is the joker card of this match.

the first ended with 25-16 with shiratorizawa leading.

hinata scowled because of his spike was received perfectly by ushijima. and his deadly fast attack backfired.

tanaka slapped his upperclasman's back, "hey hey hey, sora-san!"

"what are you, huh? bokuto?" says sorashi with a little grin.

"there you go! don't be too often lost in your thoughts, sora-san," tanaka adviced while making buddha expression.

"i--"

and so the second set started. sorashi is still benched but he will out really really soon.

the score was 11-10 when ukai substitute sorashi in. sorashi switched with tanaka.

"do your best,"

"got it."

sorashi confidently walked in to the court. he felt so calm right now, it's like he is in his best form today. hm, maybe he can win this set.