22: 夜が明ける

(the title read as yorugaakeru (よるがあける) it means dawn will break.

yes, it's referring to given again.)

;

"sora-kun, are you okay?" kiyoko called softly to the blank faced middle blocker. she feels something is off with sorashi since the morning today.

"ah, kiyo-- kiyo-chan, i'm ok-kay," says sorashi, but his breath is staggered. he is obviously having a hard time breathing.

yamaguchi who walked beside sorashi, jumped in surprise when he grazed his hand with sorashi's. the third year is burning up. "sora-san, you have a fever!" yamaguchi exclaimed in surprise.

"no, no, i'm okay, i can still play for one more set," says sora. "please don't tell coach yet, this is completely normal."

"since when getting a fever in a middle of a match is normal?" tsukishima said with a frown.

"i'm almost at my limit." sorashi exhaled sharply. "the constant jumping without a proper approach making my stamina-- y'know, drains." sorashi waved off his concerned manager and teammates.

"if he said he's okay then he is okay," kiyoko said with straight face. "for now, we can't do anything beside trust him since we don't know his limit."

kinnoshita pipped in with a concerned face, "but what if--"

kiyoko smiled, "worry not, he is not the type of person who bluffed about his own condition in a match."

"ryu, we need to thank sora-san for making kiyoko-san smiled." nishinoya dramatically said to the awestruck tanaka. "indeed, noya, we need to thank him."

the whistle is blown, signaling that the time-out is over. both of the team strides confidently to the court.

"ugh, sora-san looks like he will drop dead any time soon," ennoshita cringed at the slumped back of sorashi.

"have a faith in him a lil' will ya?" suga said with a smirk. "you know, he is a little sadist."

yamaguchi choked when he heard that, cheeks red. "sugawara-sa--"

"eh wait! it's not like that!" suga crossed his arms making an x in front of his chest.

"we didn't think that far,"

"ah, i see, this is why daichi-san is always sighing whenever you whisper--"

"no!"

;

"you know, i hate the whole thing about copycat." the youngest udai gulped down his water while sitting beside the ace of fukurodani on the stair to the gym.

"but that's a cool nickname though!" bokuto exclaimed. "i wish i had one." he pouted, his hair was dropped back in sadness. wait, is that even possible?

"you, mister ace, is one hell of a player that i aspire to be." sora chuckled. "you are cool y'know."

"why? i always causing a ruckuss for my teammates," bokuto whined.