13.2

Zayn Malik

~24 hours ago~

We were standing at a far distance as they stood in front of the motel. We've been following them for three days, making sure they wouldn't discover us. Now we're hiding in the woods as they walk into the front desk.

"They look like they're going to search the motel." I turned back to tell Louis, seeing he was leaning against a tree, inhaling from the almost gone joint, offering it to me but I declined.

"We shouldn't make ourselves known today, we'll see where they go to sleep and we'll make sure we aren't close. Then tomorrow I'll try and see if they split up and make myself known. You'll have to come after." I explained. Throughout these three days they've all stayed together but it was in the middle of the woods, now that we're here, I think it'll give us some wiggle room.

"Mate, are you an idiot? They'll see you and you're dead. Four against one? Come on." Louis speaks, shaking his head.

"That's why I'll target the women. Whichever one drifts from the group, that'll be my advantage. Once they see I'm not a target it'll be easier. Trust me, if we both walk in there, we're both dead."

"What happens when it doesn't go the way you think?" He raises his eyebrow.

"If  it goes to shit, don't do anything stupid. They'll just need time to trust me." That'll make everything so much more complicated.

"Looks like they aren't splitting up like you'd thought." Louis points to the motel and I turn around to see a girl and boy walking to a room and walking inside.

"No, but it doesn't matter because we aren't doing anything tonight."

"We should've done this days ago. We risked ourselves for three days in those woods. And now we'll be doing it for four and a lot more." He sterns, visibly upset.

"You didn't have to come."

"Yes. I did." He quickly answers.

While waiting for a couple hours and watching the activity at the motel, we didn't talk much. It wasn't because of the disagreement, we're just naturally quiet. Once it got completely dark and we didn't see any movement, we started to go towards the motel to get some sleep before our plan.

I felt a lot of weight on my shoulders since Louis came along when he didn't have to. I know he said he did, but he really didn't, the only reason he's here is because of me and I feel like I have a big responsibility to keep him alive and safe all the while trying to figure everything out.

~ Present Time ~

"Alyssa is it?" I look to my side.

"Mhmm." she replies.

"Are you okay?" I look at her hand holding the piece of clothing to her eyes which haven't moved off the cloth since.

"Yea. Just wondering what's taking so long." She laughs through a forced smile.

"You don't have to hold that if it makes you uncomfortable. I'm sure she'll be here any minute."

I hope.

"I just keep thinking about the fact I could probably see the flesh through--" She gets interrupted by the sound of a gunshot.

Louis.

Immediately Niall and Harry come back into the room with all the bags in their hands looking around the room from the sound of the gunshot.

"Where's Aleena?" Niall looked at Alyssa.