13

Warning: violence.

Aleena White

The thing about morality is, just because something feels right, doesn't guarantee that it's the right decision.

"This is starting to make me regret ever sleeping and showering here." I walk around the trashed room, talking to myself as I search for anything useful.

We were searching the rooms to see if we could find anything worth swapping. I had just snuck out from the rest of the group, saying I forgot something in the room Harry and I were staying in. I didn't actually forget anything but with what happened yesterday, I needed some time to myself.

There's only so much I can handle at once.

I'm trying to avoid reaching a breaking point but lately it's become twice as hard with everything that's going on. It's like I can't catch a break and as much as I try, it's going to catch up to me and I don't want it to.

Because once a small portion cracks through, the rest is just going to seep through and I'll be done for. If I didn't handle things the way I do, things would definitely be different. If everyone did things how they should, a lot of people would be without jobs and that's just the bottom line.

At least I can acknowledge my faults even though it's worse because I do nothing about it.

I've been a little hesitant about touching the things in this room. Something just didn't feel right. I don't know if it was this room or this place itself, or a combination of all of the other problems that we have. Nonetheless, I was here more for the alone time rather than whatever was in here, I don't think we're going to find much given the mood of this place as a whole.

It's still uncanny how quiet the higher authorities have been. I guess films have kinda set that expectation with all the movies where they step up even though they have a lot to do with what goes on, but here we're just alone and confused. With nothing but something small like a sacred place in Atlanta. Are we even smart for following, after that relooping video?

Where else would we go though?

"Hey, we were looking for you." Alyssa strews me away from my thoughts as she walks in through the opened door.

"You found me." I turn around, forming my lips into a line.

"We only have a couple rooms left. Why'd you leave by yourself?" She asks, looking around the room with judgmental eyes.

"I just needed some alone time, that's all." I tilt my head and shrug.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Actually, yeah." I don't want to keep lying and adding to the pot of beans that are just piling up.

"Does this have something to do with Harry? Did you think something was about to go down too?"

"It is partially about Harry, yes. You lost me at that second part though." I lean against the table. That was the cleanest thing here.

"Since you weren't here when I got out that shower and Niall told me it'd be a girl with a boy.. I might've thought that was code for something." She admits.

I sink my lips into my teeth to stop myself from laughing at her embarrassment because I know it will only make it worse.

"No. That wasn't where this was going. But I'm interested now."

"Okay but right after I want to know what's going on.." She takes a deep breath before continuing. "After I came out and only saw Niall I was confused so I had asked about you and what was going on. He explained that it'd be me and him and you and harry, which by the way thanks because I think I would've been dead within an hour, not without cutting his balls first but that's not the point." She shakes her head and continues, "anyways, after that he had gone to shower and I was by myself so I started thinking, and this thought just came to my mind that something would happen. I don't know, you know how I am.. don't even say anything about this next part because I'm already dreading speaking this out loud."