05

No perspective

August 10, 2018 5:30 p.m.

"We have to hurry before it gets dark, as long as you stay with your partner, you should be fine. And by the looks of it yours is on his way already." Niall looked up towards Harry who was already halfway down the hallway of the grocery store.

Aleena didn't want to be alone with him, yet she had no choice now but to follow him down the hallway, hoping she could just grab things silently and not communicate with him.

As she walked through the aisle she watched his tall figure roam the aisle for something in specific, her curiosity making her speak when she had prepared herself not to. She didn't know why he acted in such a way, she hadn't done anything to him.

The verbalization between the two was never civil, he'd always find a way to insult her in some way, the tire marks from her past resurfacing from his oblivious actions.

While Harry and Aleena failed at working cohesively, Niall and Alyssa seemed like the perfect pair for this. They didn't have to go back and forth or argue about what not and what to grab, it was a lot smoother, no bumps being met.

The aisle they came across weren't filled with non perishable items, Harry and Aleena were in that part of the store. They decided to grab water, lots of it. Along with the water, they both made the irresponsible decision to grab a couple bottles of liquor.

"For sanity." Alyssa jokes.

The two of them were a pretty good team, given how quickly they got together and did not know a thing about each other besides their names.

Things were more difficult for Aleena, Harry had just disappeared and left her alone, the one thing they weren't supposed to do. She was confused at how fast his feet moved, it had only been a couple seconds when he left.

Her nerves started to get the best of her even though she knew everyone was in the store, but she was indeed alone in that moment. She knew it was all in her head but it made no difference.

She was conflicted within herself.

That quickly changed when she heard the voice of a girl that wasn't her childhood best friend.

Every single one of them stopped what they were doing as they heard the exchange, realizing they're not alone.

"Which one of you idiots left the door open again?"

"You should be thanking me, we would've gotten locked out again since you lost the key."

They didn't know how many more there were. At least Alyssa had Niall to guide her through this, he calmed her nerves quickly. Not only did he have to keep himself alive, but now another being as well. He never had to worry about that when it was just him and Harry.

As Niall and Alyssa moved through the aisles, Alyssa felt her head was going to explode, she's never been in this type of situation before, but she kept it all inside, she didn't want to give away their hiding spots.

"Okay seriously guys, grow up. Where's the gum?" The female voice said again, unveiling her location.

Harry had been moving through the aisles as soon as he heard the girl the first time. He was packing the duffel bag with canned foods, alone. He knew exactly how to lose people when he wanted, he had the ears of a bat. A talent he picked up in his youth.

But now with Aleena being by herself, he knew she wouldn't know how to act in this predicament, so he had to find her before they did, because in his mind, they were all dead if they found her.