The girl with the green eyes

Chapter two:

I wondered if he noticed me

"Elijah, you really need to stop getting yourself in these situations." his friend said, staring at the newly formed bruise and cut on his cheek.

"Emerson, how was your morning?"

"Last names now huh?" he asked, folding his arms, "Well clearly better than yours."

They stood at the border, the border that connected the rich from the poor. It looked like a short distance to get from one side to the other, but it was lined with armed soldiers preventing anyone from crossing. There were very few restrictions when it came to bending around the law, firstly, the poor gave everything they "owed" to the rich. Of course they had food, water, and shelter, they had all the basic necessities of life. But they had to give up anything the rich needed or wanted. Then and only then were certain people allowed to go over the border. They had three designated people to carry the things the rich were taking to the sheds in the back of the city. Secondly, if the governor had asked them to come into the city, he would pamper them with food and luxury and they would never come back out of his glorious mansion. That had only happened a few times in the nineteen years of Elijah's life, but when it did, both cities would go silent for a day. Acknowledging the loss of a citizen. Elijah found it interesting how both cities would mourn when only one lost.

Colton and Elijah were looking across the border talking about what they'd want to do with their lives, when he saw them.

They were the perfect shade of green with a hint of gold in them, they were so beautiful.

His eyes darted from the pair of eyes to the nose, perfectly shaped, then from the nose to the cheeks dusted with a hint of pink, the jawline defined and curved perfectly, then to the lips.

They were small yet so delicate, as if one touch could break them and one kiss could mend them back.

He looked at the face completely entranced by its beauty, he wondered to himself how anything could be so beautiful.

"Cunning, Cunning?" Colton said, waving a hand in front of his face.

"Hmmm" he snapped out of his trance and looked over at his friend. His eyes immediately widened as he looked at Colton's face.

He was trying to hold back his laugh and look serious.

"Young man," his voice breaking in a laugh but stopping abruptly trying to be serious again, "You know the rules."

He looked back at her and then Colton who was giggling.

"What? No!!" He held up his hands in surrender laughing.

He leaned over to the side of his head.

"Yes because someone blushes that hard while staring at metal." causing him to blush even harder.

Colton pulled away with a smirk throwing an arm around his shoulder.

"Let's go lover boy, our professor won't wait forever."

He hummed in response, falling into step with the boy at his side.

"By the way, I never asked, how's Naomi?"

"She's getting better, she had a dream that reassured her that Duke is up in heaven."

"I swear that girl is the strongest one of us."

"Yeah," he smiled at the memory of his sister smiling in his arms that same morning, "Yeah, I guess she is."

His head filled with memories of him and Naomi. He thought about all the times he would come upstairs crying because their father had hit him and all the times she had come to comfort him. But then his thoughts started to drift towards those beautiful pair of green eyes and how they had inactivated him. All he wanted was to see those pair of eyes again, study every inch of the face he had stared at so carefully.

But there was one issue with that, the border.

The eyes he wanted so desperately to get lost in, the face he wanted to hold and run his fingers over, the lips he wanted to kiss and touch were on the other side of the border.

And he couldn't get to them.

He knew he had to find a way how, at least meet this person. In his eyes, it was too perfect, no such beauty he had ever seen. He decided he'd map the area in hopes of finding a way to slip in and out of the two cities without being caught.

He knew he'd have to find those green eyes again, to look into them as they stared into his getting lost in the pool of honey that was his eyes.