~seven~

Schlatt's POV

I woke up early the next morning it was nice. The sun shone through my curtains an created a warm glow that surround my room.

I sat in bed for a bit till I realized Wilbur hadn't left yet and I could say bye before he went to school.

I walked out of my room not bothering to change or bush my hair when a wave of dizziness came over me. I held myself up using the wall for support.

Just then Wilbur walked over looking like he did any other day. "Are you alright Schlatt-?" He asked concerned. "Yeah yeah whatever I-I'm fine" I said slipping up on my words in the middle trying to not fall over.

Wilbur took one quick look at me and picked me up. I got startled and looked at him. "You're sick I'll stay here today to take care of you. You look paler than a ghost." He said to me staring down at me.

I looked at him with an angry look "I'm fine Wilbur go to school" I said trying to get him to stop holding me. He rolled his eyes and took me back to my room. I sighed and decided I couldn't do anything about it. And I did actually feel pretty shitty.

He walked out of my room and walked back in a few minutes later with some tea. He set it on my nightstand and spoke "If you need me I'll be in the main room call me if you need anything. Alright? I don't want you fainting while trying to walk." He said to me with a sweet tone in his voice. I nodded and curled up in my blankets. I was cold even though the sun was shining through my window right onto me.

Wilbur carefully patted my head and walked out of my room. I didn't really mind him patting my head for some reason. Even if my childhood friend Connor patted my head I would've punched him but I felt a comforting feeling when Wilbur did.

I heard the strum Wilbur's guitar as slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.

-

I woke up to complete silence. I sat up and immediately laid back down because of the dizziness that came to my head. I was so disoriented I didn't even know where I was. Everything was a blur and I all could hear was my breathing that was picking up fast.

I tried speaking but nothing came out of my mouth. I tried looking around but everything I saw was the same pale blue colour. It was my favourite colours but something wasn't comforting about it in this situation.

Out of no where I heard my name being called softly. It sounded calming and it had a British accent to it. It sounded Like Wilbur.

_

I sat up quickly and looked around. I realized I was in my room. I tried to calm myself down from the half nightmare I had. I realized I had tears running down my face and my breathing was off.

I called out for Wilbur my voice sounding a bit hoarse. He walked in and saw me and hugged me. "What's wrong Schlatt?.." he asked me wiping the tears off my face. "Nightmare" I mumbled looking away from him.

I felt like a baby for crying because of a nightmare. Wilbur hugged me again and I hugged him back.

I still felt a bit lightheaded and my breathing was still off. Wilbur looked at me and sighed "Do you want me to do something to calm you down Schlatt?..You still seem a bit distressed.." I nodded and he said he'd be right back and walked out of my room. He walked back in with his guitar.

I smiled a tiny bit when he started strumming it. He played a familiar tune. It was soft and sounded like a lullaby. He started softly singing and I calmed down listening to the lyrics.

"You talk about habits
Boy, I can name a few
But I don't bloody understand it
Is it chemical reactions or trained into?

When you die
When it's time
When you die
Who'll hold your hand into that goodnight?"

He finished the song and kept strumming his guitar softly. He saw I was calmed down and stopped playing. He smiled and got up.

"I'm going out in a few minutes if you'd like to come with me you can if you're feeling good enough" he said with a smile on his face.

"Sure I feel good enough to walk now" I said to him. He nodded and told me to be ready in 20 minutes and left. I got up and walked around a bit to make sure I did actually feel well enough to walk.

I then walked over to my wardrobe and got changed into some casual clothes. I got to the main part of our dorm and saw Wilbur sitting on the couch. "You ready?" He said. I nodded and he got up we both walked to the door. He held it open for me "Here you are my pretty princess" he said as he bowed.

"Don't call me that bitch"

"Why not? It's just a nickname"

"Well it's embarrassing and people will think I'm gay so don't call me that"

"Hah whatever you say"

I sighed as I walked out the door. Wilbur followed behind me and then he went in front of me leading the way to wherever we were going.

-

We ended up in a park around 15 minutes away from our school.

Wilbur got to a small hill near the edge of the park and laid down on the soft green grass. I lied next to him and felt a nice calming sensation fall over me.

The faint laughs and shouts of school children from a street down could be heard.

Wilbur looked like he was enjoying the warm sun on his face. He looked peaceful and like he needed the relaxation.

I started staring at him. His light brown hair shone a orange brown colour in the sun. I could make out every feature of his face in the warm glow of the sun. His eyelashes, eyebrows, and even the light freckles he had in his cheeks that you could only see in if you looked close enough.

God why do I wanna kiss him right now. Wait what the fuck Schlatt that's so gay! No no no I'm not gay! But I still feel like I wanna kiss him. Whatever it's probably just my head messing with me.

I slowly slipped my eyes close still trying to look at Wilbur but tiredness took over. I slowly fell into a half sleep and about 10 minutes later I felt warm arms wrap around me and pick me up.

I didn't bother to move I was too tired to open my eyes. I could tell the person carrying me was Wilbur. I snuggled up to his chest and fell into a deeper sleep ignoring my surroundings and the chatting of the people on the streets.

---