Chapter 20 - Love is NOT in the air

"Really? Slam the door in my face? Come on, Scott. Take a second to think that through. You think I won't dig my claws into your sister's neck?" Peter had grabbed the door before it closed,

"I'll tell her."

"That I used to be a catatonic invalid with burns covering half my face? Good luck with that."

"If you hurt her, if you even touch her-,"

"Scott, if I may interrupt your listing of the top five most impotent-sounding threats for a moment, try and remember that I've been in a coma for six years. Don't you think I'd like to have dinner with a beautiful woman?" Peter had released me and thrown me into the house before my mom appeared.

"Just-just half a second. Sorry. Ah, sweetie your home. I was just telling Scott that I'm gonna be out tonight,"

"Okay, mom," she hurried away and Peter started whispering again,

"Or maybe, you think that I've come up with an idea. Like how it might be easier to convince you two to be part of the pack...if your mother is too. You both need to understand how much more powerful we are together. You two and me and Derek. Did you know that some of the most successful military operations during the second world war were the German U-boat attacks? Do you know what they called them? Wolf packs. Did you know that? Or are you failing history as well?"

"The Germans lost the war." I remarked, of course Scott was failing History, but I wasn't.

"I think you'll find that most historians would argue that as a failure of leadership. And trust me, we don't have that problem here."

"I'm ready, I'm ready. Sorry again."

"Mom-,"

"Yes? Sweetheart?" I could tell Scott was having trouble, he really wanted her not to go out, but he couldn't do that to our mom. She deserved a night out, just not with him.

"Have a good time." I smiled and she nodded,

"Okay." I closed the door and turned to Scott.

"I'm calling Stiles," he told me, wrenching his phone out of his pocket and dialing Stiles' number, well, there was only one thing I could do.

"And I'll call Lexie."

***

Once I was in the back of Stiles' Jeep, I directed him the right way, since my sense of smell was beyond impressive. Lexie was sat in the front and Stiles was going as fast as he could. We needed to stop Peter before he turned our mom into a werewolf, because that is definitely not what she needs right now. And I swear, just thinking about him hurting my mom, angered me to the point where I wanted to rip his head off.

When I caught sight of the car they were in, I realized they were parked on the side of the curb, okay now, he was about to do it. "Stiles go!" I instructed. He had no idea what to do, so Lexie grabbed the steering wheel and made us slightly hit the back of Peter's car. As I saw my mom's door open, I dropped down in my seat. Lexie and Stiles got out and I listened to the conversation.

"Stiles! Lexie!" My mom shouted as she got out and examined the damage,

"Mrs. McCall?" Lexie said as if she was seeing her for the first time ever, their acting was way over the top.

"Yes!"

"Wow, this is-this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh?" Stiles mused as my mom just scoffed.

"Ha ha-," you could tell she was angry, she just wanted one night to go out and get to know someone. She could've picked anyone, any guy and I could not care one bit, but I'd be happy for her, just why the hell did it have to be Peter?