just fluff and filler

After the meeting, the guests start to leave. They drop off slowly until it's just Karasuno, Fukurodani and Nekoma.

"Daichi, I'm going to put Hinata in the car." Tobio says. Daichi waves him off and Tobio leaves, a sleeping Chibi-chan in his arms.

I'm nearly asleep myself and I'm leaning against Iwa, trying to stay awake until everyone's left.

Kuroo and Bokuto are still on the sofa with us and they're both holding their sleeping boyfriends in their arms.

It's unfair how Akaashi still looks so pretty when he's sleeping.

Daichi stands up, helping up Sugawara as he does.

"We'd better get going. We're both really tired and we need to get home before Kageyama's too tired to carry Hinata indoors." Daichi says.

We just wave and the two Karasuno leaders stumble out of the door.

Kuroo and Bokuto follow shortly after, Kenma and Akaashi fast asleep still.

Finally, it's just me and Iwa-Chan.

"Iwa-chan..." I whisper. He rubs my back encouragingly.

"It's okay. It's all going to be okay. Don't worry." He whispers softly. I can't tell if he's talking to me or to himself.

"Iwa, can we go to bed?" I whisper. I don't know why we're whispering. Everyone's upstairs asleep.

Iwa stands up, lifting me up to carry me like a koala. I rest my chin on his shoulder and watch the room change as Iwa walks through the house and upstairs. Whilst we're on the stairs he's careful not to jolt me and I feel drowsy. He kisses my cheek gently. Who knew Iwa-chan could be so soft?

"I'm not soft." He mumbles. HOW DID HE KNOW I WAS THINKING THAT?!

I watch as the room spins when Iwa closes our door and then sets me down on our bed.

He changes out of his jeans and into pyjama bottoms, sliding into bed.

I crawl under the covers and curl up against him, enjoying the warmth and safety of being so close to my Iwa-chan.

"I'm sorry." He whispers, wrapping an arm around me.

"For what?" I ask.

"You're in danger because of me. It's my fault that you're being targeted."

"Iwa-chan, you can't do anything about that now. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I'll be by your side through everything, just how we used to be... except I guess you're the captain now." I say to him.

Iwa pulls me closer and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Shittykawa." He mumbles.

"Isn't that an oxymoron?" I ask.

"You're a moron."

"Iwa-chan! Mean!" I whine.

"Aren't you going to say it back?" He asks.

"Say what?"

I feel two warm hands slide under my hoodie and rest on my waist.

"You know what." I don't.

After a minute's silence, Iwa's hands move.

"I-Iwa-chan!" I protest, wiggling to avoid the tickles but to no avail as Iwa is a lot bigger and stronger than me.

He uses one hand to hold himself up and tickles me mercilessly with the other.

"Come on, Shittykawa. Say it back." He says, still tickling. "Say 'I love you'."