stars

"What is he looking at?" Hobi asked Jimin, referring to Jungkook who was deeply lost in his own world. Jimin followed Hobi's gaze.

"The stars, maybe?" he answered despite knowing the real reason why Jungkook was doing that. He knew Jungkook wasn't with them at that time. He was somewhere, only he knew about. Somewhere on the depth of his thoughts.

"But look at his eyes, he's about to cry."

A gloomy smile crept into Jimin's lips. Rude it may seem, he didn't answer and simply turned his back from the older and walked towards Jungkook. Hobi who was confused didn't bother to stop him and just continued his business earlier.

"Babe," Jimin softly called. However, the man was oblivious of his presence.

He sighed and reiterated, "Babe."

Not a simple response nor a single glance was spared. Jimin felt uncared for. Nevertheless, he smiled and lightly shook Jungkook so he would get his attention.

Still, his attempt was ignored.

He gave up and just watched Jungkook stare at the sky. Watch his sad smile, his teary eyes, his nose turning red because of his eagerness to restrain his tears from falling. The scene caused a sting on his heart. He felt sad for Jungkook, but more than that, he felt bad for himself.

"Do you think he's one of those stars? Look! It's shining. But I'm certain his smiles were brighter than those," he heard Jungkook said, making him snap out of his reverie.

He gulped as he tried to find words to say, "Who?"

"Him. Jae," Jungkook answered. Jimin didn't know whether he should be happy or not. Finally, Jungkook looked at him. Their eyes met, and he smiled in his direction. But it wasn't the same eyes that used to look at him dearly. "You look alike though. You have the same facial features."

"Because he's my brother," he replied through voice cracking.

The younger frowned. "Brother? Oh. Jimin-hyung. Jae's older brother."

"Y-yes." Was all Jimin could utter for he felt like the more he talks, the higher the tendency that he'd break down right then and there.

"Aren't you mad at me, hyung? Because of me, Jae died. Because he saved me. I should have been the one run over by that car but he... he pulled me."

It's been years since that happened. And you lost your memory because of that accident. You were asleep for years, Jungkook-ah, Jimin added through his mind.

"I'm not mad, okay? It's not your fault, babe. Jae, did it because he cared for you. It was an accident," he reassured and reached for Jungkook's hand. He engulfed it with his and smiled as he felt the man's warmth.

"Babe?"

"Jungkook-ah, I'm your boyfriend."

It wasn't the best decision to mention that, he knew. But he needed to remind Jungkook. He wanted him to remember him. He wanted him to see him. To look at him. He wanted him to know that it's him. It's his Jimin, hyung. His boyfriend.

"Boyfriend? Hyung, what are you talking about? Jae was my boyfriend!"

There.

Jimin felt like his heart broke into pieces. Like it had been crushed repeatedly. He knew this would come. That's why he'd been so scared. Afraid to confirm what he had been in mind since the day they got together. So, what Jungkook's friends said was true. They weren't just playing around or making him jealous or mad.

They said that Jungkook was really secretly in love with Jimin's brother, Jae. He'd been trying to break things off with him, but he felt so bad so he couldn't do it. And that day they got in the accident, was also the same day Jungkook was supposed to confess.

But he lost the chance, as well as Jae.