S 10

Jungkook was walking along the park when he saw Jimin sitting on a bench at the corner; his eyes were fixed on some direction. He approached him and slightly tap his shoulder. Jimin looked up at him. His eyes were swollen and tears keep flowing from his eyes. 

"Why the heck are you crying again?! Dmn." Jungkook blurted out. 

Jimin didn't answer. Instead he again looked at the same direction as before. Jungkook followed Jimin's gaze and there he saw Jimin's ex-boyfriend with a girl, holding each other's hand while talking. Jungkook then understood and sat on Jimin's side. He started patting Jimin's back as his act of comforting the latter. 

"If it hurts. Why do you keep on watching?" Jungkook asked. 

"Because even though it fcking hurts, I'm happy at the same time. Through this distance, I could see him laugh and smile the way he did before." Jimin answered. 

"I just asked you a question- a question I should ask myself too. Why am I here? Comforting the man I love because he's hurting because of someone else? It hurts but I don't want to leave him all alone crying over someone who doesn't deserve his tears." Jungkook said and removed his hand on Jimin's back. 

"Aren't I a masochist?" Jungkook added and looked at Jimin. 

"I-i'm s-sorry Jungkook-ah." Jimin sadly responded. 

"You did nothing wrong to apologize for, hyung. We're just not meant to be." Jungkook cooly answered as if those words doesn't hurt. 

"Do you believe in reincarnation?" Jungkook asked brushing off the topic. 

"No. That only exist in dramas." Jimin replied, eyes still fixed on his ex-boyfriend. 

Jungkook smiled faintly.

"I don't believe with that too.. until I met you." Jungkook said. 

"W-what do you mean?" Jimin asked. 

"It's the only thing I could hold on to. The thought of having a next life wherein I'll be the first one you'll meet. You'll fall inlove with me. And you'll choose to be with me. Wouldn't that be amazing?" Jungkook then stood up. 

"Jungkoo-" 

"Hyung. Let's go. I'll walk you home." Jungkook stopped what Jimin was about to say. He held Jimin's hand and help him get up. 

"Let me hold your hand Hyung. Just this once. I won't ask for more. I promise." Jungkook said and tighten his grip on Jimin's hand. Jimin just nod his head and allowed Jungkook to hold his hand 'til they reached his home. 

"I'm not blind Jungkook-ah. I know how much you love me. But I love someone else. I don't want to hurt you more by giving you false hopes. I don't deserve you." Jimin thought as he watch Jungkook walk away after bidding his goodbye.