THE NOTEBOOK

--- 𝗷𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃 ...

I almost jumped off my chair when a man wearing the mall's employee uniform tapped my shoulder. I was staring nowhere, lost in woolgathering though the movie kept on playing on the screen. I rented the whole cinema, why is this staff bothering me?

"Mr. Park Jimin?" he asked.

I cleared my throat and straightened my back. "Yes. How may I help you?"

The man smiled at me and pointed to the screen. I confusedly gazed at him, waiting for further explanation.

"Can you please stand on that small stage near the screen, Sir?"

"What for?"

Instead of answering, the man just smiled at me again. I frowned at him as he waited for me to do as he requested. Though baffled, I stood up and walked to where he told me to go.

"And?" I inquired, looking back at the man after I settled on the stage. But he wasn't there anymore. What the fuck? Where did he go?

My questions were lost in oblivion when the theater went dark. I felt my body tensed as the pace of my heartbeat hustled. Just when I'm about to run on the exit, a spotlight dazzled me. I struggled to open my eyes, adjusting to the blinding light pointed at me.

"What is---" I stopped when the screen illuminates.

"Hi, love!" That familiar voice. That endearment. That... Fuck. No.

𝘑𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘬𝘰𝘰𝘬.

The man I love and missed so much.

"How are you? Are you eating well? Did you continue dieting? I told you not to, and you promised me you will not." He coughed and slowly, his pale lips curved into a sad smile. "I'm sorry if I left you alone. I just have to do this. For you. For us. Our future. Wait for me, love. I'll get better. I'll come back to you."

I felt tears brimming my eyes, my throat clogged, and pain hammered my chest. I can't properly breathe as I continue to watch.

"If I'm able to make it, I know I will..." he smiled at the camera and kneeled, pulling a small box from his pocket as he did. "...will you marry me?"

And right then, I broke down. Dropping on my knees as I wailed. Repeatedly saying, "Yes, I'll marry you." Just, please. Please come back. Jungkook-ah, I beg of you.

--- 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝘃 ...

The staff who was watching from afar anxiously ran towards Jimin, immediately pressing the button to open all the lights inside the cinema. He tried to caress his back to console him but to no avail. He kept sobbing, screaming until his voice turned hoarse. Blood dripped from his clenched fist, probably because he continually hit the floor.

Jimin's phone, which was lying on the floor beeped. The staff picked it up without the owner's permission, hoping it was from someone close to Jimin so he could ask for help.

𝘛𝘢𝘦𝘩𝘺𝘶𝘯𝘨:
𝘑𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶?

The staff replied, "Cinema. Please come quick, he's crying," and placed the phone back, struggling to stop Jimin from hurting himself more.

"Sir, please stop---"

"Jimin!" A man called from the entrance, Jimin lifted his head and saw Taehyung's worried face through his blurry vision.

The staff stood up and strode towards Taehyung. "Sir, are you Taehyung? I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. He suddenly cried after watching the video I am told to make him watch."

"Video?" Taehyung asked as he pulled Jimin against his chest, engulfing him with his warmth.

"It was a request from our regular customer, Sir. Mr. Jeon Jungkook. A month ago he called us to rent this place for a day like he always does every year, but he said if a man named Park Jimin does the same, we'll let him. He told us to play the movie, "The Notebook", saying it was his boyfriend's favorite, and sent us this video, which I suppose was a wedding proposal," the man explained.

Taehyung sighed and ran his fingers on Jimin's hair. He dried his cheeks and pulled him back to his arms, where he lost his consciousness after. The man who was watching them was confused about what was happening. Thinking if he ever did something wrong for Jimin to cry this much to the point that he fainted. But he knew he did his best to make this surprise a success. Yet, why?

"Jungkook is suffering from coronary artery disease. He needed to undergo surgery so he left for the US. The survival rate was high that's why we weren't prepared for the news that came a week ago. Especially, Jimin." He looked at Jimin's sleeping form and squeezed his eyes shut as he continued, "Jungkook's mom messaged us. She said there was medical malpractice. Jungkook died during the surgery and today... was supposed to be their 5th anniversary."

End.

Hello everyone! Been busy with my on-going story, AQUA (yieee, please check it out. thank u!! hehe) that's why I couldn't write one-shots. But, yeah, here it goes! Hope y'all liked it.