two words. five seconds.

1.2. two words.
1.2. 3. 4. 5. five seconds.

<Fast and spontaneous; two words that describe how I fell for you.>

---
Like fire igniting, the burning sun rose and the dazzling bits of light came invading Jungkook's room. Reluctantly, the man who was looking forward to a long, undisturbed sleep, pushed himself to a sitting position. He rested his back on the headboard as he yawned and scratched his eyes.

Minutes after recovering, he suddenly went sprinting towards the bathroom. He moved like he was under time pressure, hasty and clumsy. Upon finishing and decently clothing himself up, he made a cup of coffee and recklessly pulled the strings attached to his blinds. It went up in a second, almost falling off from where it's hanged due to the impact created by Jungkook's forceful pull.

"Hey! Wake up!" he yelled from the window of his room.

The person from the other house whose room was frontwise Jungkook's, rolled up his window blinds and replied, "What?"

Jungkook upon seeing the man, excitedly turned his back to get what he wanted to show. He came back holding his phone in one hand, and his cup of coffee in the other. Smiling, he made his phone screen face the person in the other room.

"Jimin! Alexis said yes!"

Jimin gulped multiple times as if to get rid of the bitterness that began creeping on his mouth when he realized what Jungkook meant. He remained a neutral expression, yet his insides were already crumpling due to mixed emotions he couldn't even name himself. Awful. Too awful. He felt like vomiting.

"Oh," was all Jimin could utter in response. He forced a smile and immediately countered, "Congratulations! Take care of her! She's a perfect catch! You'll never find anyone like her. Don't be a jerk, okay?"

Jungkook laughed and ignored the frown he saw on Jimin's face before he talked, telling himself that he just saw it wrong. "What are you talking about? I was never a jerk! I love her, okay? Of course, I'll take care of her, I'll even treat her like a queen---"

His words were stopped when his phone rang, "Ops. Speaking of the queen. My Alexis is calling. Talk to you later! Bye!"

Jimin was left, lost, staring at the window where Jungkook was a moment ago. He felt warm water dropped on his left cheek, followed by another, until both his eyes spilled tears he didn't know he's capable of shedding. He took a step back, not bothering to wipe his tears or dry his cheeks. He closed his window, jumped to his bed, and buried his face on his pillow. He continued crying. Silently. For he was not intending to let anyone hear and know his pain.

---
5 years ago, Jimin moved into this house alone despite his parents' disapproval. He was like a lost kitten, he knew nothing about house management, know nothing about the must and must not do when living alone. He was too ignorant, negligent, and full of himself. Leaving his parents' house was Jimin's biggest regret. However, his pride couldn't take to move back. So he stayed.

No. He stayed... because someone made him stay. The one who taught him everything he needed to learn to be able to survive living by himself. The one who cooked for him at times he burned his meals, the one who accompanied him to buy groceries, the one who helped him fill his garden with colorful flowers, the one who stayed over his house whenever he couldn't sleep, the one he celebrated his birthday with. The one who he never thought would take most of his life. His heart.

---
Jungkook. His neighbor who he never once saw since he moved in, but has heard his voice almost every night. He sings lullabies. Soft melodies, brought by his heavenly voice. He doesn't know if the guy never went out of his house or he was just not lucky enough to cross ways with the man.

Ten days. Ten days of sitting by his window, hopelessly wishing for the man to open his. Until he finally did. It was like an extracted scenario from a movie, Jimin could promise, he experienced the slow-motion he cringed for whenever he reads a book or watch a movie. And that's where everything began.

1.2. 3. 4. 5. He counted. 5 seconds and all they did was stare at each other's eyes. Five seconds and he already fell in love. Five seconds. Turned five minutes. Turned five hours. Turned five days. Five weeks. Five months. Until it turned five years. It's been five years, and he still feels the same butterflies he had the first-ever time their eyes met.

<Fast and spontaneous; two words to describe how you crumbled my hope of "us", by showing me a photo of you... holding her hand, wearing the ring you designed yourself.>