Pic: @/hirotaxx112 on Twitter

Chapter 11. | Giyū x Reader

<<First-person / Narrator / Third-person Omniscient POV>>

~Y/N's dream - Back at the mission~

Great! All I have to do is keep this up and I'll be sure to execute my plan! I saw Tomioka running towards Kazenikura, it looked like he overheard what he said. Crap, he fell for it! Damnit, Tomioka! Kazenikura got closer and closer and almost managed to get a hit on him, but Shinimi and I jumped out and assisted him. Kazenikura was surely caught by surprise. When we got close enough, we pulled him into our little bubble. I hugged him tightly.

"Are you okay?" I looked into his eyes, almost getting lost in them. But I snapped myself out of it. I separated our little bubbles and went to attack Kazenikura, hopefully, to give time to Tomioka for a solid plan. Turns out, I was wrong, he thought that I was attacking blindly when I already had a plan in mind. I guess I should've communicated with him. I got distracted by my thoughts and was about to get hit, but Tomioka stepped in between the two of us and took the blow. "Fight!" He muttered, before getting knocked back at least 40 feet. "Go heal him!" Shinimi separated herself and took the bubble away with her. I fought and fought, trying to shake him up.

I tried the different fighting styles I knew, my father and my mother were retired demon slayers, but after I was born, my mother was killed by an Upper Moon. My father taught me his fighting style and tried to teach me my mother's. It wasn't very successful since he himself didn't really understand it. Over time, I developed my own, combining both my father's and my mother's. Making it easy to switch up on an opponent. It really came in handy.

I was focusing on my fighting style, trying to make sure that I didn't switch it up randomly. I tended to do that.

Little did Y/N know that this dream wasn't going to play out how it did in reality.

After Y/N had taken down Kazenikura, she wanted to go and make sure Tomioka was okay. In this dream, she didn't hurt her leg, so she was able to run without any issues. When she made it to Tomioka, she realized that Shinimi was crying. None of Tomioka's wounds had been healed. "S-shinimi what happened?!" You exclaimed with such worry that your eyes started to well up. "I-I-I'm sorry. I-I couldn't h-heal h-him." She whined. "He's d-d-dead."

Y/N held him in her arms and started to sob. The tears trickling down his pale face. "H-he can't be dead.." You started sniffled between words.. "Not after everything.."

You cried and cried.

~Reality~

Y/N woke up in a cold sweat, she was panting and her heart was beating a hundred times a second. You felt tears rolling down your cheeks. Tomioka was already awake, he was trying to comfort you while you were asleep. "A-are you okay? You were having a bad dream right?" He held onto your arm and tried wiping away your tears with his open hand. He cupped your cheek, looking you in the eyes, wiping your tears away. "You were crying in your sleep whispering my name.."

Your eyes started welling up again when you saw him. He started to panic. "W-why are you still crying? ... Did I die in your dream or something?" You nuzzled yourself into his chest. He was surprised but he enclosed you in a tight embrace.

He held you until you started to calm down. "I..." You released yourself from the embrace, wiping away your tears. His face was still the same, but you could see great worry in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I-I'm overreacting-" He pulled you into a hug, playing with your hair. He wrapped an arm around your waist and rested his head on yours. He kissed the top of your head lightly. "Do.." He was embarrassed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

You moved closer so you could rest your head on his chest more comfortably. "Y-yeah. Sure." You were sniffling. You waited for a moment before speaking up. "Do you remember the mission? When you thought I died?" She can say that so casually. "W-well. I had a dream where when we got you into our bubble, but then you protecting me when I was about to get hit. I told Shinimi to go heal you, but when I finished the demon and went to check on you. You... you.." You were starting to cry again. Giyū held onto you tighter, making sure you knew he was there. "Y-you were dead. And I was alone again." Again?

He became worried. He wanted to reassure you. "Well, you aren't alone. And you won't be, not if I have something to say about it." He became flustered. That was pretty bold of him. It's kinda cute how he's trying to comfort me. You smiled and started giggling. Giyū blushed. You looked up at him and he looked back down at you, smiling like a goof on his chest. "You're really cute when you're trying to comfort me, Tomioka." His face grew a deeper shade of pink, fading into a red hue.

He didn't realize it, but he was thinking out loud. "Well, when you're around, I want to make sure you know you're loved. Loved by me." He snuggled his head into your hair, smelling it. "You smell nice." You blushed. He sounded tired. We were just asleep for a couple of hours and he's still tired? Poor baby. He probably doesn't realize what he's saying. Cutie. You laid the both of you down, holding each other and a tight embrace, not wanting to let go.

As soon as you started relaxing, you heard the door creak open. It was Shinobu. Tomioka was already fast asleep, so when you tried getting up, he pulled you back down while he was unconscious. The both of you blushed, both embarrassed. "W-well. U-uhm. Hi, S-Shinobu. What's up?" You were blushing but still tried to act calm and collected. You were still smiling like a goof regardless. She giggled. "We don't want to wake Tomioka-san, he can be quite grumpy. And by the looks of it, he doesn't want you to leave. I suggest you stay there." She teased while smiling. You blushed even more. "D-don't tease!" You puffed your cheeks. She snickered and closed the door. You rested your head back on his chest, still flustered. You buried your face into his chest, sighing heavily. You looked up at him. He looks so peaceful. He has such a cute sleeping face. You soon forgot about the incident and fell asleep once again.