Ch.Eleven

Grace was lying in bed. She smiled as she saw the rose that Draco had given her on their last date. Now that Maia approved of their relationship, the two of them had been out on dates a lot.

The door opened and Maia walked in. She sat on the bed. "Lover boy is waiting for you. If you ask me, the two of you are just being sickly as hell. And it's making me want to vomit," Maia said.

"Don't be jealous."

"I'm not. I just don't like how he hounds me to get you up. I mean... sneak into his dorm. It would save me earache," Maia said.

Grace smiled. "Are you sure you're okay with this? Me and Draco?"

"I'm just scared for you both. I don't want either of you getting hurt. I'm not mad that you hid it. I'm just... I'm really scared."

Grace nodded and smiled. "We won't get hurt. I promise."

"Okay."

***
Grace saw Draco sitting in the great hall. She sat down next to him. He frowned. "Where's Maia?" He asked as he looked at her.

"I don't know. She said she had something to do. Didn't tell me what though," Grace said.

Draco nodded and smiled. He kissed her on the cheek not caring what anyone thought. He loved Grace and he wanted to be with her.

Grace helped herself to some breakfast. She saw Hermione Granger looking at her. She wanted to know why.

***
Grace went to see Hermione. She found her in the girls bathroom. "You keep looking at me. Why?" She asked.

Hermione smiled. "Because. I think you and Draco have just started something. This could be the thing we need in the war against Voldemort. Everyone coming together."

Grace rolled her eyes. "So you want me to use my relationship as a role thing for everyone who wants to hook up with another pureblood or muggleborn? I don't think so."

Hermione frowned. "But you're like me a Muggleborn. Do you realise that by following the prince of Slytherin being in a relationship, more people will want to. You're even friends with Maia Malfoy. And no one has ever been friends with her."

"No one has been friends with Maia because she hasn't long started here. She doesn't want to be friends with anyone she doesn't like."

Hermione nodded. "Well I think you and Draco are an inspiration to us all."

***
Grace found Maia sitting in the library. She sat down next to her. "Are we okay? I mean you didn't come to breakfast. And you haven't been around much."

"I'm okay. We're okay. I just hate being here. I want to go back to how it was. Before I got sent here to seduce Severus bloody Snape. He's making it so hard."

Grace took her hand and smiled. "It'll be okay. I promise. You're not alone Mai. I love you. You're my best friend."

"I love you too. And I am happy for you and Draco. I'm just in my own bubble lately. I hope you know that."

"I know."

***
Grace was walking back to the common room. She frowned when she heard Draco's voice. She made herself practically invisible and listened in.

All she heard was that Draco was keeping something from her. But what?