Ch TwentyOne

Grace knew how Lucius Malfoy wanted her out of Draco's life. She knew he was an evil manipulative death eater and she hated him. She hated how he was trying to control both Draco and Maia.

Grace knew how everything was just getting more and more complicated. She hated how nothing was going right for her. And it was just messy.

Although Grace had never met Narcissa Malfoy, she knew that all Narcissa had wanted was for her children to be happy. So she hoped Narcissa wouldn't want her to not be with Draco.

When she woke that morning, she saw Maia walking in. She sighed. "My father is coming here. He wants to speak to you and Draco," she told her.

"Wait what? Lucius Malfoy wants to speak to me?" Grace asked.

Maia nodded and sighed. She looked to her. "I'll be there too. If he talks to you, don't avoid eye contact. Don't show him that you fear him. Make him see you're not just a muggleborn. Show him you're worthy of being in the family," she said.

Grace shook her head. She couldn't do it. "I can't do that. I can't speak to him. He hates me."

"He hates everyone that doesn't conform to his way of thinking. But all you have to do is show him you're not scared of him. I promise it will be okay."

"Okay. What time?"

Maia smiled. "When lessons have finished. It's all going to be okay. I promise. He's probably coming here to see if I'm doing what I need to. Don't worry about it," she told her.

Grace just nodded. She couldn't handle all of the pressure.

***
Grace was sitting in potions. She sighed as she saw Draco sitting by her. "Maia told you?" He asked.

"Yeah. I just... I don't want to see him. I know he hates me. And I don't know why he wants to see me."

Draco smiled and took her hand. "I promise you. It will be fine. I love you and nothing will change that. No matter what he says, nothing will change how I feel about you. I promise you."

"I hope so. I don't want to lose you," Grace said.

Draco kissed her. Not caring that everyone could see. He looked to her. "Me and you. I promise you that it will always be me and you. You're my future. I'd give up forever to touch you. And to have you," he told her.

"As lovely as this talk is, I don't want it in my class," Snape said as he looked to them.

Draco rolled his eyes and sighed. Grace looked down. "Sorry sir."

Snape walked off. Draco smiled as he took her hand. "I mean it. You and me forever."

***
When class had finished, Draco walked off with Blaise. Grace walked over to Maia. "Do I be worried about this meeting? Be honest with me."

Maia sighed as she looked to her. "I'm not sure. I just... I don't know why he's chosen today of all days. I know what he's ordered Draco to do. Draco won't do it. I promise you," she told her.

Grace shrugged and sighed. She smiled. "I'm going to survive. I've just got a feeling."

***
All too soon, Grace found herself sitting in Dumbledore's office with Maia and Draco. The fireplace lit up and Lucius Malfoy stepped out. He smirked. "I don't think we've met. I'm Lucius Malfoy. And I hear you're the mudblood who has manipulated my son."

Grace looked to him. But she had no idea how this meeting was about to change everything.