Ch TwentySeven

Grace knew how she was worried about Lucius Malfoy coming between her and Draco. She knew that things were tense. Especially with Narcissa being dead. Or so everyone thought.

There was something going on. And Draco was in the middle of it. He didn't know what it was. But Grace was worried.

She didn't want anything happening to Draco or Maia. And she knew their family were heavily involved in dark arts. And she didn't want them getting hurt or worse.

Grace and Draco hadn't talked much since they last had sex. She felt as though he was shutting himself off from her.

Things at Hogwarts were changing. And Grace couldn't help but feel like it was getting much darker. She was worried about whether or not she would survive.

She was a muggleborn. And she was wanted by the dark lord. She didn't know why. But she was at risk.

Things weren't the same. Grace wasn't stupid. She knew it was all down to Harry Potter. She wanted nothing more than for the war to end.

It wasn't going to end. Not until someone was dead. And that's what scared Grace the most.

All she knew was that things had been changing. And she didn't know if she was strong enough to handle that.

Morning came all too quickly. She woke in the dormitory and saw Maia sitting on the bed. "What's wrong?" Grace asked.

"Draco. He's been summoned to the manor. I don't know what for. But I do know that it was urgent. I don't know when he'll be back. He told me to look out for you."

Grace frowned. She was worried. Especially knowing how Draco was back at Malfoy Manor. She felt sick.

She had no idea how on earth to make it seem okay. When she knew it wasn't. It was far from okay.

Grace looked to her. "Do you think he's going to be killed?" She asked.

Maia shook her head and sighed. "I don't know what's going to happen. I just know that if he's been summoned, it isn't good. We just have to be careful," she said.

Grace just nodded. Hating how everything seemed so messy. Wanting nothing more than to have Draco back.

Not even knowing if he would be coming back. Or if she would lose him before she even told him how she felt.

***
Grace was sat in Defence Against The Dark Arts. She wasn't paying attention. All she had on her mind was Draco.

Maia looked to her. "Listen. I know you're upset. You're worried. But it's going to be okay. I can go back there and find out what's happened."

Grace shook her head. "No. It's fine. I don't want you getting hurt. I just have to hope and pray that Draco will come back to me."

"He will. My father won't let him get killed. He needs his heir after all. Or the Malfoy line ends with Draco," Maia said.

Grace had to hope that Maia was right. That she wasn't going to lose Draco. Knowing how scared she was.

***
Draco was sitting in the manor. He looked up as Lucius walked in. "Now my son. I have a task for you. And if you don't choose, I will."

"Go on?"

Lucius smirked. "You have to choose. Who lives and who dies."

Draco frowned as he looked to his father. "And who are the options?" He asked. Not liking where this was going.

"Maia. Your sister. Or that mudblood you've been fooling around with. Grace is it?" He asked.

Draco paled. He looked to his father. But how could he choose between his sister who had always been there for him. And the girl he was falling in love with?