Tragedy

Seokjin's P.O.V:
      I was sitting in front of my father with a straight face acting as if I was paying attention to whatever he was saying but in reality my mind was somewhere else.

My heart beat was out of control and I felt as if I would pass out any time. I hooked a finger in the shirt's neck and stretched it a little to breath properly.

I will die, today. That's ridiculous. I am not ill. I am staying in the house so there is no chance of accident. Unless a natural calamity comes. Or a thief decides to break in. What the heck are you thinking?

I smacked myself.

" You alright, son. "

" Huh, what? " I looked at my father with wide eyes.

" I asked if you are alright. You seem distracted. "

I kept staring at him. It took me sometime to register his words.

" Yeah, just a headache. "

He nodded, " Why don't you take rest? We will talk in the evening at dinner. "

I nodded and with heavy steps went into the same room that was Miyoung's. It used to be my room before my parents divorce and luckily my father had still kept it like that.

I went inside and fell on my mind. I had been practicing all morning and with this new information, I was mentally exhausted as well.

I stood up and squated down on the floor and traced the part of wall with my fingers on which, according to Miyoung, my number was supposed to be written.

I don't know what got into me but I went outside the room and to my step brother's room. He wasn't at home.

I quickly went through his study table and found a red permanent marker.

I held it tight and brought it back placing it on the night stand.

" What am I doing? Maybe it's just a misunderstanding. " I fell back on the bed.

With how exhausted I was, I slept in the same position without realising.

Miyoung's P.O.V:
      I was sitting in the cat cafe with my friends but my mind was a mess.

My heart was beating so fast as if it would jump out at any moment.

I was trying to distract myself from my thoughts but the clock hanging on the wall right in front of me kept mocking me aboit the ticking time.

" What happened Miyoung? "

I looked at Mimi who looked concerned.

" Oh, nothing. I have some urgent work. I am just worried about that. "

As much as I wanted to tell someone, I knew they wouldn't believe me. It was absurd. But I had seen it from my eyes therefore I couldn't deny it.

As soon as I drank coffee, I excused myself from them. They tried to stop me but I didn't stop.

Instead of going by bus, I decided to take a taxi. But it wasn't my lucky day, the traffic was too much. I was stuck fro almost an hour and finally decided to just run.

It was starting to get dark as it was almost evening.

I reached my neighbourhood and went to the same internet cafe. The seats were full and I just wanted to scream now.

Why does this happen when you want to do something important?

I had to wait for about half an hour before I got a vacant seat. I quickly opened the browser and began searching for news from six years ago.

Kim Seokjin, Born 4th December, 1992. Died 10th June, 2013 at the age of 20.

I quickly scrolled down the page.

His parents were divorced.

Scrolling through the whole I came across the word death.

He went to meet his father after a long time in Seoul. His step mother poisoned him with rat poison. When he didn't die, she stabbed him many times to death. Found in his own room in the house. The father didn't survive as well. The woman was sentenced for life in prison. The step brother lives somewhere alone.

I remembered his words, " My father invited me for dinner. "

Oh shit.

Seokjin's P.O.V:
   I woke up from someone calling my name.

" Seokjin, wake up. "

My step mother spoke in her extremely sweet voice.

" I am up. "

" Come have dinner. Your father is calling you. "

I nodded and sat at the edge of the bed. I looked at the time to see if Miyoung had called me but there was nothing.

I dialled her number but what I heard next caused my eyes to widen.

" The number you are dialling does not exist. "