Soulmate

I was stunned for a moment. A number, a freaking number written on the wall, hidden so well.
I was brought back on earth from Mom's voice coming from outside. As i moved to get out, my head hit the edge of the bed.
Great just great.

I got out of the room rubbing my head and served dinner for mom. She was talking about how her day went and about her new job but i was spaced out. All i could think about was that number.

After she went to bed, i came back to my room and stood in front of the bed thinking of what to do.

Maybe this is a new start. I never found a number before but the moment i moved here i found one. Maybe its a sign. Maybe its fate.

I started walking around the room trying to make a decision. I stopped once i spotted my diary on the table. It was the diary that contained stuff from the last two years. To make myself feel better, i used to write every emotion in it like telling a friend.

I grabbed it and moved under the bed. I wrote it along with all the numbers of my previous friends. I didn't knew why i still kept them. Maybe because they were my childhood friends. Maybe because i couldn't let go of those memories. Although it hurt me when they left, but they never took part in bullying me. I thought maybe one day i could talk to them once again.

After getting out from under the bed, i laid on top of it resting my back on the headboard. I took my flip phone from the side table and after much contemplation, i finally dialed it.

I could hear the ringing sound. Fidgeting with my fingers, moving my legs, my breath stopped when i heard a voice from the other side.

Him:
    Hello.

Her:
   Umm.... Hi.

Him:
   Yes.

Her:
   Is this your number?

Him:
   Yes it is. Who are you?

Her:
   Umm... I...i... I found umm.. yo-your number.

Him:
   Yes and...

Her:
   I mean hidden number.

There was a silence from the other side. I was nervous as hell. I even felt the bed shaking because of moving my legs to much.

Him:
    REALLY. After so many years.

Her:
    What.. do you mean?

Him:
    I mean i wrote my number in hundred different places. But had to wait so much to get one call. Its amazing.

Her:
    You mean you wrote your number in many different places. Yo must have gotten a lot of calls.

My heart dropped when he said that. He must have gotten a call already. I thought of hanging up until his next words.

Him:
   *Chuckling* No. I didn't get a single call you are the first one after three years.

Her:
First call in three years. Tough luck.

Him:
     Yeah. I am so happy to finally talk with you. Where did you find it?

Her:
I found it on a wall under the bed.

Him:
     Under a bed... Wait. Are you perhaps renting a house in *XX* block.

Her:
Umm.. yes.. how do you..

Him:
    House no. 585. Right.

Her:
Yeah... But how did you find out?

Him:
    Ah.. my father.. is the owner of that house and i.. used to right my number everywhere in that house.

Her:
Oh.. So what do you do?

Him:
    I am a trainee in an entertainment company. We will debut in two weeks.

Her:
Wait.. you are about to become an idol. My soulmate is an idol. Heck yeah.

Him:
   *Chuckle* You are more happy than me.

Her:
Yeah because i am a big fan of kpop.

Him:
    That's great. You can be my fan.

Her:
Of course.

There was a silence as both of us didn't knew what to talk about. After some minutes he broke the silence.

Him:
    So what do you do?

Her:
I just started college.

Him:
    Really. I am in college too. So you are 19 years old.

Her:
No, 21. My birthday was three days ago.

Him:
    Oh. You are a year late. You are older than me.

Her:
Yeah. I took an year off. You are younger?

Him:
    Yeah. I will turn 21 in six months.

Her:
Oh, you are younger by six months.

Him:
    Yes. So what are you studying?

Her:
I am studying literature. I want to become a teacher.

Him:
     Oh. That's nice. I am studying acting.

Her:
Really, i would love to see you on screen.

Him:
     I will do my best then.

Before we could talk more, my mom burst into the room and started scolding me.

" If you don't sleep in the next ten minutes, i will throw you out the window. " Mom said and left.

I could hear giggling sounds coming from the other side of the phone.

Him:
     You should sleep before your mother really kicks you out.

Her:
Yeah. I also have class in the morning.

Him:
     Let's talk tomorrow then.

I was about to put my phone down when i heard his voice again.

Him:
    Oh wait.

Her:
What is it?

Him:
    I didn't ask your name.

Her:
Oh. My name is Kim Miyoung. What's yours?

.

Him:
      My name is Kim Seokjin.