Riko x Reader

The streets and nearby paths were empty as I looked out at the coast of Uchiura, admiring the way the sun's rays reflected upon the waves in the water and listened to the sound of the waves as they crashed onto the sandy beach beneath my feet.

"Maybe it won't be so bad here." I said to myself. My family frequently moves due to my father's work and while I spent the last two years of my life in Tokyo, we've recently moved to Uchiura. Since I don't know when my family will have to move again, I make sure to take photos of the people I've become friends with so that even when I leave and I forget the sound of their voice, I won't ever forget them. Of course there are definitely people I love to see again, but only one person can I still hear the voice of in my head as clearly as when we said goodbye. And unlike the usual I have to say goodbye to someone, this time it was her who was moving away. I met because when I was living in Tokyo I decided to take some music classes and I met her as one of the instructor's other students. I was friendly with her when we first met and I feel like we slowly became friends. In the end I fell in love with her, but sadly by the time I realized it she told me that she was moving away. It's been eight months since then and thinking about the possibility that I may not see her again brought sadness to my heart.

"Oh Riko, I wish I had asked you where you were moving. Maybe then I could find you if my family ever moved there." I said to myself

"How do you know Riko?" I heard a voice behind me say.

I turned so I could see it was a girl with blue hair and purple eyes who was beside a girl with black hair and green eyes, and a girl with blonde hair and yellow hair. Unsure as to why the girl was speaking to me over me mentioning Riko, I asked "What do you mean?"

"One of my friends is a girl named Riko and I figured you were saying something to yourself about her." the blue haired girl said

I figured it was a coincidence, the world playing with me, but because I figured it was worth double checking, I asked "Is her surname Sakurauchi?"

"It is." the blue haired answered

"Do you know her?" the black haired asked

"I might. Did she move here around eight months ago?" I excitedly asked. Was I actually lucky enough to see her again in the first place my family moved to after Tokyo? Was the world helping me see her again?

"She did." the blue haired girl answered.

"You've got to take me to her!" I said to them, hoping that they would. "I met her back in Tokyo when I started taking music classes and we kind of became friends. When she moved away I lost contact with her and I didn't know where she moved."

"I see. Is that the only reason you want to see her? Are you sure you aren't in love with her?" the blonde girl asked. I blushed for a second because I didn't realize it was that easy to see. She soon giggled a little and said "It's a joke"

The blue haired girl said "Come on Mari, don't tease him."

I looked at them and with a smile I said "Don't worry about it. I am in love with her. I was just blushing because I didn't realize that people could so easily notice. Please, either take me to her or tell me where she lives."

"Well we were just about to meet up with everyone at Chika's." the black haired girl said "You could come with us."

"Thank you." I said "The name is Y/n L/n."

The girls introduced themselves and I nodded in acknowledgement. They began walking to their destination and I was with them.

Ohara tapped me on the shoulder and with a smile that seemed equal parts sincere and up to something said "Hey, one time we went to Tokyo and I saw Riko buying something that I bet if you did something from it when you confess to her, it would make her really happy."

"What is it?" I asked

---------------------------------

Nobody's Perspective

The girls in Aquors were mostly gathered together in Chika's room as they awaited the third year's arrival.

"Onee-chan said that she was going to meet up with Kanan and Mari before she joined us." Ruby said

Riko then replied "They should be here pretty soon then."

They continued to converse amongst themselves when Kanan, Dia, and Mari arrived.\

"We're here." said Dia

"Hey Riko, there was some guy who said he knew you and needed to talk to you." Mari said

"Did you get his name?" Riko asked

"He said his name was L/n." Mari said as she watched Riko react to that name "We brought him here and he said he'd be waiting out front for you."

Riko then nodded and said "I'll be back in a minute." She then left.

Mari, with a smile on her face then turned to the girls in Aquors and said "Hey, come watch this with me."

Y/n's Perspective

I stood out beside the wall in front of the ryokan and waited. When Dia, Kanan, Mari, and I arrived in front of this place, they said that they'd tell Riko that I was here and would like to talk to her. I took the time while I waited to mentally prepare myself because I've decided that right here, right now, I'm going to tell her how I feel. After losing my chance at telling her how I feel once, I want to tell her as soon as possible. And with how possible it is that my family will have to move again sometime within the next two years, I want to be able to spend as much time with her as I can. Soon enough, I saw a familiar face in front of me, one that I've wanted to see again.

"Hey Riko. Long time no see."

Riko when she saw me, she smiled and said "It's good to see you again Y/n."

"You know, I expected when we would have to someday say goodbye it was me who would be leaving." I commented "I'm so lucky that the place my family moves to after we leave Tokyo is where you are."

"So that's why you're in Uchiura? It's wonderful here, you'll love it." Riko said.

I nodded and decided now would be the best time to do what Ohara had told me Riko would like. Once Riko was beside me, I turned my body and slapped my hands onto the wall on spots surrounding Riko and then said "Riko, I love you."

Riko began to blush and smiled before she said "I love you too Y/n"

"Awww" a voice said.

I stopped the kabedon and started to look around for where the voice came from. I looked up and saw in a window above us was a girl with orange hair covering her mouth, a brown haired girl, and Mari?

"Sorry!" The orange haired girl apologized before leaving the window to reveal other girls were also watching.

"Eh.. congrats?" said a girl with brown hair and blue eyes.

---------------------------------------

Ten Years Later...

I smiled at the memory of how I saw Riko again for the first time since she left Tokyo and how her friends in Aquors had been watching my confession after Mari told them to look out the window. Riko had been really embarrassed at the discovery, but afterwards me and Riko headed up there and she introduced me to the other girls in Aquors. Luckily my parents didn't have to move elsewhere for my Dad's work for two years and within that time I had saved up enough money to rent a small apartment in Numazu so I could stay with Riko. I put away the small photo book that held the pictures of the friends I've left behind. With the final photo being one of the most important to me in there, a picture of me and Riko together that day, taken by Chika for us. As I got up from my chair, my eyes focused on a frame on the mantle with inside of it a picture of me princess carrying Riko on our wedding day.