017; don't ruin it

third person.

since realising that the couple hadn't had many small 'date' nights the past few weeks, corbyn and mollie arranged to meet at the field to stargaze for a few hours so that they could have some alone time.

but shortly after mollie arrived and saw her boyfriend's car was no where to be seen, the girl was unsure on whether to be worried or annoyed that he hadn't shown up.

and after she waited an extra twenty minutes just in case he was running a little behind, mollie soon grew impatient and decided to call the boy, waiting for him to pick up the phone.

"i totally forgot," corbyn said as soon as he answered the call, "it just clicked that i never texted you."

"you can't make it?"

"our manager asked us to stay for a few more hours to finalise and perfect this song," he explained, "baby i'm so sorry i didn't text you i forgot that i was
meant to be meeting you tonight."

"how do you just forget?" mollie asked, glancing around the parking lot, "you forgot you were meeting me?"

"i didn't forget, i mean when he asked it didn't come to mind that i'd be missing out on stargazing," he replied, the sound of the four other guys laughing between each other faintly in the background, "mollie i'll make it up to you."

"it doesn't matter," the girl mumbled, turning her car back on before hearing corbyn sigh.

"we can go tomorrow night?"

"i'm with monica," she told him, pulling out of the parking lot and placing her phone in her lap, "we're going to an art museum."

"i thought we were going to that together?" corbyn asked her.

"well i thought so too until we went to the movies instead," mollie replied.

"that was what you wanted to do," he argued, "can't you tell monica to plan something else? i want to go to the museum with you."

"there's more than one art museum in the city, we can go to a different one." she suggested as she rolled her eyes, "can't you just let me do something with monica? we both paint so maybe this is good for our bond."

"you can't just paint together?"

"we did that when we did pottery."

"well alright go to an art museum with her then," he huffed.

"you seriously cannot be mad at me for something she planned," mollie told him, "i gave her a few suggestions and that's the one she picked, don't ruin it."

"i'm not ruining it."

"you are because you're getting pissy about it," she argued, "whatever one i go to with her we can avoid when we want to go to one."

"well if you're going to one with her then we just won't go to one together," corbyn said as mollie stopped at a red light, a confused look on her face.

"now you're just being petty."

"i'm not being petty," he laughed, "i'm just pissed off that you suggested to go to it with her rather than me."

"i never said her rather than you, i gave her a suggestion and then i said we can go to a different own," mollie explained, eventually pulling into her driveway and turning her car engine off, "none of that was me saying i'd rather go to one with her than you."

"i'm happy that she's back in your life and everything but there are some things i'd like to keep to just us," corbyn told her as she threw her hands up in frustration.

"it's a fucking museum corbyn," she replied, putting her head in her hands before looking out of her car window, "stargazing is our thing, not going to museums."

"well for all i know you could suggest that with her and-"

"and for all i know you could go find another fucking girl to write songs about," mollie interrupted him as he went silent, "that made you shut up."

"why is it that whenever you're upset with me you bring that up?" corbyn asked, "do you think i'm still a player?"

"no i just know i'm not anything special." mollie told him, "it's why you're the only boyfriend i've ever had or why my own fucking mom didn't want to raise me, i'm nothing special."

"no don't say that i-"

"you're getting pissy at me for something i can't control," she continued, "i didn't ask for her to come back and i had no idea she was until max pulled up beside her, i'm just trying to keep her happy."

"mollie-"

"i don't think you're still a player, i know you're not that but i also know at the end of the day there are so many girls who are so much better than me and have their lives together, so many more girls worth being with," she rambled on, "i don't know why you can't wrap that around your head."

"because i only want you mollie." corbyn told her, "i'm very aware of how many girls want me and i'm sure you are too, why can't you wrap your head around how many people i've rejected to be with you?"

"because no one has fucking asked you-"

"just because i don't tell you about them doesn't mean they haven't." he interrupted her, "girls ask me and i say no, i have done since the first week i met you."

"that's bullshit."

"no it's-"

"don't you have a song to finish?" she asked as he sighed, "why don't you go do that?"

"okay," he mumbled, running his fingers through his hair, "i'm sorry for not texting you, i'll make it up to you whenever i can."

"mhm, goodnight." mollie said, quickly ending the phone call with her boyfriend before she got out of her car and headed inside her house.

a/n

well that's unfortunate