039; i'm just tired

( TW!!! mentions of self harm.

just before you read this chapter, there is one or two hurtful things said about self harm/mental illness which may upset you.

but i want to clear up that the things that are said should never be said to anyone and i hope they were never said to anyone who has done it, but if they have then i'm sorry and whoever said it does not deserve a place in your life.

i love you and i'm so proud of you, i'm here if you ever need someone to talk to, i care <3 )

third person.

after an hour long therapy session with diana, mollie walked out of the room and down to where her mom was waiting with her therapist following shortly behind her, a slight frown on her face.

"what did you talk about?" monica asked, receiving a shrug from mollie as she quickly left the building to head towards the car.

"monica, quick word?" diana asked, nodding her head towards where she was stood as the woman walked over to her.

"what?"

"i've already discussed this with mollie but i think that we should bring the sessions to three times a week rather than just one or sometimes two." diana explained as monica rolled her eyes, "it's completely beneficial for her and-"

"that's more money." monica interrupted the lady, who slowly nodded and glanced over at john.

"yes but it's something she needs," diana said, "i already spoke about this with her and she said it's something she doesn't mind doing, it's just one extra hour a week."

"why did you ask her before asking me?"

"she's the patient," she looked at her confused, "i didn't want to force her into three sessions a week."

"well i guess she can." monica shrugged, folding her arms, "it'll help us know more."

"we also came to an agreement that you won't be in any of the sessions," diana mentioned, "by we, i mean i did, i've noticed changed behaviour when you're out of the room."

"that's my daughter, i should know about all her problems," monica told diana, john now intensely watching the woman with a confused look on his face.

"right but if we're going to work on things she wants to improve she needs to be able to trust the people in the room."

"and she trusts-"

"it needs to be me and her only." she interrupted monica, holding her hands up in defends, "mollie's mental well-being seems like it's in a crucial place right now so our sessions need to be as safe as possible."

"she's fine." monica said, giving diana a shrug, "i'll pay for the extra session as long as i can be in it, i have a right to know about my daughter and she shouldn't keep anything from me."

"okay," diana slowly nodded, "okay um, so what days are good for sessions?"

"any," she said, "we live ten minutes away."

"we?" the woman looked up at monica, who quickly furrowed her eyebrows in response, "sorry it's just mollie said she lives with her brother?"

"and at the end of the month she's moving in with me, yes." monica nodded, "how does monday, thursday and sunday sound?"

"sounds perfect," diana gave her a small smile, "i'm good to start three sessions with her from next week."

"cool," monica nodded, giving her a glare and rolling her eyes before she stormed out of the building.

"she's a criminal." john spoke up, leaning against the wall with a bag of pretzels in his hand as diana turned to look at him, "i recognise her from about a year ago."

"criminal for what?"

"drug dealing," he shrugged, "pennsylvania."

"how do you know that?" diana asked him, closing her notebook as john shrugged and gave her a small smile.

"it was all over the state." john said, "i don't know if she's still doing it but a year ago she was heavily wanted there. trust me on this, i used to live there."

she gave him a nod before gesturing towards the door, "you did see the attitude she had about not being able to know everything about mollie, didn't you?"

"i did."

"and you don't think that's weird? unsettling?" diana asked as john shrugged but nodded, "john i think she's... i don't know, i don't want to assume."

"i mean i'd keep an eye on her because she's been known for drug dealing so maybe she's using drugs right now," john mentioned, "but that's just me, i'm not mollie's therapist."

"yeah," diana slowly nodded, moving her gaze towards the window showing the front of the building where the patients parked their cars, her eyes focused on the silver one that mollie and monica had gotten into.

and as monica shut the car door and put her seatbelt on, she immediately pulled away from the place while her daughter sat in the passenger seat in silence, her eyes fixed on the floor of the car.

"you've been quite quiet the past few days," she spoke up, glancing over at mollie who replied with a shrug, "and you look more tired than usual."

"didn't sleep well," mollie replied.

"you never told me about the cuts on your wrist," monica mentioned, watching the girl slowly pull the sleeves of her hoodie further down, "what else are you hiding from me?"

"what?"

"if you want people to feel bad for you then that won't work," monica said, moving her eyes back to the road as mollie's face slowly fell in disbelief, "no one is going to want to be friends who does that for sympathy."

mollie didn't reply as she turned to look at her mom, her mouth dropped open slightly before looking back out of the car window, "can you stop?"

"hm?"

"can you stop saying all that shit to me?"

"what shit?" monica looked at her, "i'm telling you what you need to hear."

"no one needs to hear that." mollie shook her head, "just shut up."

"don't talk back to me," she argued, "stop trying to create an argument."

"what are you going to do about it?" mollie shrugged, "i'm just expressing how i feel."

"i don't care about how you feel," monica told her, "keep talking back and i'll give you a broken arm."

going silent, mollie took notice of what the woman had just said and her head fell back to the direction of the floor again, letting out a small sigh.

"no one is going to care about your feelings," she continued, "that's just life, no one is going to want to date someone like you, that's why i got you therapy, i'm helping you."

"don't give me the silent treatment," monica frowned, "we're just about to go get stuff for your room."

"sorry," she replied, "i'm just tired."

"try going to sleep earlier," monica told her, giving her a small smile, "maybe don't stay up all night."

as monica got out of the car and closed the door, mollie let out another sigh and shortly followed, scratching the back of her neck while the pair headed inside the store.

a/n

i love u, i'm sorry if this chapter upset u :( if u need someone to talk to i am here always <333

also there was a lot to unpack this chapter,
criminal 😳 and mollie's mental health again :(