050; where's mollie

third person.

max and astrid were the first to arrive at the house as the boy quickly pulled into the driveway and got out of his car, heading to the front door with astrid slowly following after him.

and as he reached the front door, he shortly checked the lock before looking over at astrid confused.

"is it locked?"

"no," he shook his head while kicking the door open slightly, "but that could be my fault, i'm shit at remembering to lock it."

"just go see if she's in," astrid sighed, following him into the house as another car pulled up outside which the girl had glanced at before she turned her attention back to max.

"mollie?" he called out, walking around the house and checking every room no matter how important it was to her before coming in a full circle with mollie no where to be seen, looking back over at astrid.

"maybe she's asleep," astrid shrugged as she pulled out her phone, "i'd try call her but i don't think i have her number anymore."

"i'll go check upstairs," he replied, receiving a small nod from the girl before he walked up the stairs and down the hall towards mollie's room, opening her bedroom door to find everything just where she had left it.

her bed still hadn't been made and her room was in the process of being cleaned by her, but all of the smallest things she'd valued more than anything were still placed on the shelves like always, and nothing had been taken from it.

"is anything missing?" astrid asked, walking into the room with her arms folded as max shook his head, letting out a sigh before he took a seat at the end of mollie's bed while putting his head in his hands.

"i shouldn't have let mom come back," max told her, a frown appearing on the girl's face as she took a seat on the bed beside him.

"you didn't know this would happen." she shrugged, "and neither did mollie."

"but she might not come back." max turned his head to look at astrid, noticing the somewhat shocked expression on her face as he nervously bit his lip, "and that's my-"

max's sentence was soon interrupted by the front door creaking open, immediately bringing attention to both max and astrid as they glanced at each other before making their way towards the stairs.

and just as they turned to begin to go down them, monica was seen with her phone in her hand and a worried look on her face, quickly heading up towards where they stood.

"mom," max spoke up, bringing the woman to a stop as she looked at him, "where's mollie?"

"i was about to ask you where she is," monica replied, pushing the boy out of the way and walking into her daughter's room.

"she was with you last," max argued, following her into the room as his eyes moved towards the girls phone in the pocket of her jacket, "you have her phone, where is she?"

"i don't know," she looked at him, "max if i knew that i'd-"

"so you blocked everyone," he interrupted her as astrid stood behind him with a small frown on her face, the pair noticing monica's now distressed expression on her face, "you're fucking kidding me."

"i didn't block everyone." monica shook her head.

"no but you blocked me, corbyn, nana and saskia and she-"

"oh come on max," she rolled her eyes, "saskia isn't her mom, she's clearly trying to take my daughter away from me."

"you're jealous of her."