065; she's bad news

third person.

"are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" astrid asked the girl as she sat back down by the table they found in the corner of the restaurant they arranged to talk at, a concerned expression on her face while handing mollie her iced coffee.

"no i'm good," mollie replied, "thank you for the coffee though."

"it's fine," she shrugged, "i just wanted to have a chance to talk to you without max around, i figured it would be better as just us two. i just wanted to apologise for what i said."

"oh no it's fine it was ages ago i-"

"but it was still wrong of me to say," astrid interrupted her as mollie turned her head towards the girl, "i know what i said can be damaging and it can stick with you but i didn't mean what i said, i was just jealous at the time."

"i just hope you don't still think of anything i said," the girl continued, a frown on her face as mollie let out a sigh, "i just want to know how it made you feel, i know you don't like speaking about your feelings but i just don't want to upset you again."

"you didn't upset me," mollie admitted, "you made me angry but it wasn't upset anger it was just me being protective over my brother."

"yeah and i get why it would've made you angry," she slowly nodded, "but since then i have changed or still am changing, i know how much you mean to max."

mollie gave her a nod as she took a few sips from her iced coffee, glancing around the store unsure of what to say next in order to help astrid feel less worried about the girl's forgiveness.

eventually she shrugged before tucking her hair behind her ear, "i mean if max can move past it then i'm fine too."

"but just because he did it doesn't mean you-"

"it doesn't affect me, it's fine." mollie interrupted her, "i'm happy to move past it if you are."

"okay, yeah i'm happy to do that too." astrid quickly nodded, "are we all good? no awkward tension?"

"we're great, mhm." she smiled slightly, watching astrid let out a sigh of relief before she sat herself up properly.

"great because i need help with something." she mentioned, watching a confused expression appear on mollie's face before she gave her one nod, "the spare room at your house."

"is that the room for the thing?"

"the baby?"

"yeah, that." mollie nodded, hearing astrid laugh slightly before she looked at her, "sorry i don't like kids that much."

"i can tell," astrid replied, "but i want to decorate it and max isn't the best at that kind of stuff.. so do you want to help?"

"i can help," mollie told her, "what colour are you going for?"

"that's the part i need help with," astrid said through a laugh, "i'm not good at colour scheme and i know you like art so, you can be the interior designer for this if you want."

"does that mean i get to be as creative as i want?"

"yeah, i guess so." she gave her a smile, "don't make it too overwhelming but yeah, go for whatever you want."