Kōtō Hyōgi-Kai

Pain couldn't happen in emotions didn't exist. He could bear hatred without feeling it and use that to fulfill his promise. Everything was perfect.

At least for him.

~~

After locking away his emotions, Naruto had fallen into his mindscape. His eyes dull and lacking everything they once had, he walked up to the Kyūbi's cage. When he got there something was different. The cage was opened just a tiny bit, allowing the Kyūbi to stick its claws through the gap.

"I know you're not sleeping and I need to talk to you." He said into the darkness, knowing he would eventually get a reply.

A seductive voice called out to Naruto from deep in the cage. "Come on in Naru-chan, I've been waiting for my chance to meet you all this time."

Being about the same size as the Kyūbi's claw allowed him the slip through the gap in the gates of the cage. He wasn't scared at all and knew that he could most likely use the seal to stop the Kyūbi if need be.

"I've come for a contract." He walked deeper into the darkness and stopped after walking a few meters further. Out of nowhere torches ignited on the walls inside the cage causing Naruto to flinch and close his eyes to block out the sudden light.

"It seems you are bold. To ask for a contract knowing fully well who I am."

Naruto's eyes adjusted to the light and opened to see Kura's human form standing in front of him.

"It's because I know who you are that I want a contract."

"You seem quite arrogant."

"I'm proposing a contract that would allow us to completely destroy this cage. Unlike Mr. Sunshine and rainbows on the other side, I don't have the mental capacity to change the landscape. But I can undo the last thing he did before he was sealed away on the other side."

"If you can't even change the landscape in here, how do you expect to undo something that he did."

"Just watch. Even if I couldn't match him normally, after that talk he had his mental strength his the lowest it had even been. It was only a level or so higher than mine, enough so that I could take over."

Naruto put his hand to the gate a used some strange energy to push it open a bit more.

"If the contract is signed I'll open it completely, giving you a pretty high amount of freedom. You could possibly take her power as well."

Kura walked forward and inspected the gate, after a short while she bit her thumb and stuck her hand out to Naruto.

"It seems you really are strong enough to do this, so I'll agree to a demonic contract. What are the terms?"

Naruto smirked and bit his thumb as well. He then completed the handshake. "Term 1, you cannot do anything to greatly affect me or the outside world without my permission. Term 2, unless something is stopping you or you can't for the sake of your own life, you will lend me chakra upon my request. Term 3, we will help each other absorb the power that those two are retaining. Term 4, I will help you find a way to become unsealed from me without me dying after we both regain our full power."

"I want to add two terms."

"What?"

"You will allow me to use a clone of myself that holds my conscience when we are traveling. I will of course hide my ears and tail though. Two we won't stay within the leaf village for a minimum of two years, and that Satsuki chick isn't allowed to tag along with us."