chapter seven

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

THE YOUNG GODS
CHAPTER SEVEN

THE YOUNG GODSCHAPTER SEVEN

" JUST WANT YOUR COMPANY "

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ROSIE STOOD AT THE MED-HUT door taking a good look at the boy in his bed resting in peace. Hopefully in peace. It was a whole day since the incident and the boy hadn't woken up. "You can come in, Rosie." Jeff spoke from one of the corners of the space. Rosie took a step in not knowing if she really wanted to be in Newt's presence. She wondered if he even cared for it. "He's going to be okay. But I don't think his leg is going to work the same." Jeff admitted hoping Newt could overcome this obstacle and keep fighting. "I'll give you some time with him, just call me or Clint if he wakes up."

      Rosie nodded watching Jeff walk out of the Med-hut leaving her alone with the sleeping boy. Rosie picked on her nails sitting on a chair next to his bed as she wondered when the boy was going to wake up. He had been asleep for over a day but at the same time she hoped he slept longer so he wouldn't feel the pain he would feel when he'd wake up.

      "Stop it." Rosie jumped from her chair hearing the boy speak.

      "What?" she asked in surprise but curious of what he meant. Rosie leaned closer as he hadn't opened his eyes but he shook his head licking his dried lips.

     "You're worried, stop."

      Rosie raised her eyebrow trying to remember if she had talked to herself out loud for Newt to hear but she never did. "How do you know I'm worried? You haven't even opened your eyes?"

      Newt fluttered his eyes open looking for her, "you think I need to see ya to know you're worried, love?"

      Rosie's body fluttered at the nickname he had called her. Brushing it off, Rosie crossed her arms her tone starting to become tense, "well of course I'm worried Newt, you think I'd be happy to know that you attempted to kill yourself, yesterday?"

      Newt closed his eyes and breathed wincing when he attempted to inhale deep, "Mmm."

      "You have everyone out there scared as shit hoping you didn't die from the fall. How do you think we feel—"

      Newt cut her off opening his eyes again weakly lifting his pointer finger at her, "don't guilt trip me."

     Rosie stood up knowing he was right, grabbing one of the canteens filled with fresh water she headed back. "Drink." She stated helping him lift his head and place the container to his lips. "I should call one of the Med-jacks let them know you're awake."