SCREAM MY NAME

LISA

"Hi, Uncle! Yes, I just landed. No need to pick me up. Please don't worry anymore. See you on Friday, okay? I can't wait to be with you and Aunt again.
Alright. I love you too!"
Jennie's parents are so sweet.
I informed them last week that I am coming back to Korea today and they immediately called me when I landed to ask if they can pick me up. I don't want to bother them anymore. I want them to rest because for sure they are tired from work. I messaged my parents that I have arrived but I am coming late at our new house because I still have to meet an old friend.

"Holy moly! How can you be so fucking handsome, Atty. Lalisa Manoban?"
Nancy froze in front of me when she found me.

"Are you just going to stand there?
Can I get a hug, my dear friend?"
I said and smiled at her.

"I missed you! Thank you for picking me up."
I said when she ran towards me and we hugged each other so tight!

She helped me with my luggage and we approached her car.

She was about to open her door but I stopped her.

"Ooopsie! Just like the old times. Let me drive you, pretty."
I said and she chuckled and threw her key to the air for me to catch.

I opened the door for her and we never ran out of words while I drive. We missed each other so much.

She prepared a welcome dinner for the two of us at her place.

Her house is so admirable. Nancy now is a well-known interior designer. No wonder why she has this modern with a touch of sexiness home.

"Wow! I'm speechless!"
I told her when she held my arm going to the dining area where her helper prepares the food.
I greeted her helper and she smiled at me.

"No, Lisa. I am more speechless. You finally have your dreams in your pocket. I am so proud of you!"
She said and we sat and started to eat.

"I can't believe it too. I mean, who would have thought I'll survive the life in America, and the heartbreak?"
I said.

"How are you now?"
She asked.

"I'm good."
I replied.

"Have you moved on from Jennie?"
She asked.

I can't speak because I don't know yet. I just— I just don't know.

"I'll figure it out."
I said and Nancy nodded.

"You have all the time. Just enjoy your success now because we all know you deserve this. I am so damn proud having one of the most effective lawyers in the world now as my friend.
Lisa, how did you do that?"
She asked and Nancy looks so happy for me.

"No idea. The world did it to me, I guess. And if there's one person I want to thank for everything, it's Mr. Kim. You know that."
I said.

"Yes. I'm happy that you still get in touch with her parents."
She said and I just nodded.

"How about you? Are you still seeing Jisoo, Bam and Rosé?"
I asked.